lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
liftedcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 TXT front shocks bottomed out, no movment.

hello, i just purchased a 02 txt with a 6" spindle lift and noticed the ride from the front was very very stiff. After inspection i found that when u push down on the front of the cart there was no downward suspension movment at all, but when picking up on the cart there is atleast 6" of movement before the tires come off the ground. So i ordered a set of HD front springs, thought the front end was sagging. After replacement of the springs the ride height of the cart increased by 1/2", but still no suspension movment. so i removed the shocks and found them to be completely bottomed out, i had to jack up the cart all the way up and pull down on the axle to remove the shocks. Any idea what is wrong?
Wrong front springs? Wrong shocks? The springs are a HD replacement from Jakes for a 02 txt, same as the ones i took off. The shocks are stock Maeco 70928-Go1.

This is really bugging me, when hitting all the speed bumps in the neighbor you can loose half your beer. :(
liftedcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
liftedcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 02 TXT front shocks bottomed out, no movment.

Attached are photos of the front suspension, i took the shocks off for inspection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo.jpg (159.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo 2.jpg (192.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Usually on the TXT, the springs really don't move all that much. The suspension design on these carts goes back to the early 1900's lol. So they are not, and have not ever been known for their supple ride.

With that in mind, it's a golf cart. So they ride rough, especially with a spindle lift. If something has changed, then that's where I would look to first.

Some questions for you:

Is the ride height the same as it has always been?

Or are you lower in the front than it used to be?

Were any of the parts changed, other than the springs?

Was the spindle lift just installed?

Did the cart ever ride better?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Springs upside down?

Edit: disregard, thinking of rear springs.
they don't look like much of an arch though.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

It does appear to be upside down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 7.48.23 AM.jpg (32.4 KB, 0 views)
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since you bought the cart this way you would have no idea if this is a "change", but are the front and rear height comparable? Looking at just the front by itself I really can't tell. Doesn't look like much arch to the springs, but then I don't recall much on those. It could very well be that someone thought they needed longer shocks to go with the 6" lift. BUT, since it's a spindle lift the rest of the suspension geometry stays the same. Springs, axle, etc all have the stock height in comparison to the frame & body. So, the shocks should still be stock length.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #7
liftedcarts
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the input guys. I just recently purchased this cart so don't really know much history behind it. It is also my first TXT so don't know how these carts should ride out.
The front height is the same as the rear, and i believe the springs are installed correctly or else the 2nd spring wouldn't be a helper. After some research i have found there are 2 different length shocks for that year cart, 13" and 14" compressed length. Guess i will try ordering a set of shorter shocks just worries me though that no i have no moment in the front and even with a 1" shorter shock i may still not.

Here is a pic of the suspension diagram for the txt.
Attached Images
File Type: png springs.png (163.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #8
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

You say you've found they came with 13" or 14" (compressed) shocks. Have you measured the ones that were on the cart? As I mentioned earlier, sometimes people have installed longer shocks - because they thought they would be needed, when in fact they were not.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 07:55 PM   #9
bama.hunter
Not Yet Wild

I know I’m bringing a thread back from the dead, but my cart is doing the same thing and I’m wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem.
bama.hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:38 PM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I recommend starting a new thread about your cart and issue, you'll get more responses that way. Include some good pics and details about the cart.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts