lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
kvacho
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Marathon with 3 Cylinder Yanmar

I got a 88 marathon for free with no engine so what better way to make it move again than with a diesel. I got a yamaha 4 stroke axle to put under it so I will still have reverse. I purchased a yanmar 3tn66 yesterday for $575. My only issue I am running right now is the clutch setup. My plan is to purchase a comet 780 in the future. However my engine didn't come with a stub shaft. Here is a picture of a stock one for this motor though it seems short. Would something like that work, where can I find one that would fit, or am I better off just getting one machined. What would be the best way to proceed with this?
kvacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Marathon with 3 Cylinder Yanmar

There is a whole section of diesel swaps in the big blocks threads. Somewhere in there somebody fitted a comet 780 to a diesel flywheel.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #3
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

John Deere Stub Shaft Part # M806901 (fits Diesel Gator) .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:13 PM   #4
kvacho
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, my winter project is now turning into a spring project as I have to finish painting a mustang first and fixing the snowmobile. I am trying to plan my rear suspension as my course if very rough and I need all the suspension I can get. I've read and read on these forums different suspension setups with the engine cradle. The main one I've been reading was scottyb's workorse build. My initial thought is to do a drop down bracket in the front of the cradle with a single heim joint to allow articulation with a panhard bar in the back to stop side to side movement of the axles. What is everyones experiences with suspensions. Is this a viable setup?
kvacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps