lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
Scott K
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric motor makes noise

I have a 1999 36volt ez-go . It seems to have a whining are howling noise coming from electric motor it only makes this noise when going foward it does not make any noise when going in reverse
Scott K is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electric motor makes noise

I would start by pulling the cover on the differential and changing the oil. The condition of the oil and looking for metal in the oil might give an indication of the problem. It is difficult to pinpoint a noise to just the motor when listening to the rear axle where the motor is mounted. My first guess is you have a bad bearing.
Rear axle bearings - 1 in the motor, 2 on input shaft, 2 on intermediate shaft, 2 on carrier, and 1 on each outboard end of the axles.
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO