lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
goldwingguy
Not Yet Wild

Default 1980 Marathon...

Hello all,
My name is Matt and I just purchased a 1980 marathon 1week ago Saturday. Believe it or not I am going to use it as a golf cart should be used...I'm going to use it for golf! lol. I have some questions, hopefully you all have some answers. First off, if I replace my steering wheel with a new ez go steering wheel, will I need an adapter? Second, I would like to know if the dash panels they sell for the 89 marathons will fit my 80? They seem to be close in size. Has anyone here put a dash panel on their 80? Thirdly, I know the motor was rebuilt about 10 years ago top and bottom. The people who owned it before me were old and didn't use it tons or abuse it. With that bit of knowledge, what kind of lifespan can one expect out of this motor? 300, 500 1000 hours if well taken care of? I have been told that these are good motors and last a while. Does anyone here know what the actual horsepower rating is on this motor? Stock that is. I guess the fact that this cart is 29 years old and still running is some testament to the quality of this motor! Well thanx to all who take the time to rread my post, and even more thanx to those who have answers.

Matt....
goldwingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
metalupurs69@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1980 Marathon...

I have an 84 having motor rebuilt right now as far as i no it the original motor.If u use 4 golffing it should run 4 awhile.A friend of mine works on them,n said if u run them on dirt or dust road they dont last as long becouse all that stuff gets sucked in the motor.
metalupurs69@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
roxyrose08
Getting Wild

Club Car

whats golf? haha.
ya there a good little cart ive been beating my marathon 2 stroke hard ,and took the governor off so yours should go for ever.
roxyrose08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
metalupurs69@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

lol right lifted mine so we can 4 wheel in the wood at r camp
metalupurs69@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Blitz357
Not Yet Wild

I haven't put a dash in my 1980 yet, but I guess these dash will fit with a little help.

Dash Website

Here is a 1982 with this dash.

1982 with dash

I don't have time to search right now, but I think dash discussions for our year/model carts have taken place before on this site. Dig around a bit and you might come up with something. Regardless, I am pretty sure the dash above is the ONE that fits ours best.
Blitz357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz357 View Post
I haven't put a dash in my 1980 yet, but I guess these dash will fit with a little help.

Dash Website

Here is a 1982 with this dash.

1982 with dash

I don't have time to search right now, but I think dash discussions for our year/model carts have taken place before on this site. Dig around a bit and you might come up with something. Regardless, I am pretty sure the dash above is the ONE that fits ours best.
yeah, looks like it was this thread, about a half a year ago. that metal-guy dug it up along with a few other oldies.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
Blitz357
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
yeah, looks like it was this thread, about a half a year ago. that metal-guy dug it up along with a few other oldies.
Ha!! Sometimes it takes awhile around here to get your questions answered.

Note to self: check date of OP before replying.
Blitz357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO