lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
dewy
Getting Wild

Default missing tank vent

i was just looking at the service manual for my 1979 cart, and read if the tank vent is not working properly your engine might run to lean... the tank vent is missing on my cart, i just have a rubber grommet in the hole with a little bit of hose coming out for venting... i have yet to run my cart since i bought it as i am waiting on my carb rebuilt kit... the owner before me said the cart ran good for him for the last two years until the carbs gunked up and he did not have the tank vent either (he just left the hole open).. if i dont buy a tank vent and leave the grommet and hose in there will i have troubles with my cart running to lean or anything like that?
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
dewy
Getting Wild

Default Re: missing tank vent

also does anyone have any good info or web sites on how to adjust the carbs? im assuming once i put them back on and get the cart running i am going to have to adjust them... the pictures in the manual are garbage, and i have never adjusted carbs before.. since i took the carbs completely off and completely dis assembled them they will be way off wack when i put them back together right?? i dont know if the govener is still on my cart either... i want my cart to run as fast as it can without it over heating or causing engine damage.. how do you set your carbs for that... sorry for all the questions.. but this is my first time ever doing something like this and i just want to make sure i get it right...
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson