lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt meter

I purchased a new rear flip seat and installed it yesterday. While doing this I charged the batteries.

I noticed after I had it on charge for about three hours the state of charge meter was in the red. Is this normal ?

The amps on charger had dropped which I assume is normal ?

This is the original charger and was wondering if it is supposed to shut off when batteries are fully charged ?

I took the charger apart last week and cleaned the thing up. It was awful dirty inside. I even sanded and painted it . Looks like new now and comes on a split second after I plug it in and seems to work correct but what do I know because these electric carts are new to me .

I actually sort of like them over the gas carts which is all I have worked on in the last 23 years.

I had a lady call me yesterday at my shop wanting to sell me her 2001 Ezgo TXT electric . I ended up paying here $400. Of course I bought it knowing the batteries were probably bad but it was running last week. The reason I know is I drove by here house a few weeks ago and she was driving it. Someone told here to sell it because it was getting lazy.

It belonged to her husband who who passed away last year. I checked it out late yesterday and the batteries were CARQUEST and date on them was Jan 2008. Cart needs some cleaning up and a few little things but I see a profit Body is great. Another project in progress. I won't install batteries until I get ready to sell it. Probably going to install a new flip rear seat when I get it cleaned up. Hope I didn't give too much
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
I purchased a new rear flip seat and installed it yesterday. While doing this I charged the batteries.

I noticed after I had it on charge for about three hours the state of charge meter was in the red. Is this normal ? Yes.

The amps on charger had dropped which I assume is normal ? Yes.

This is the original charger and was wondering if it is supposed to shut off when batteries are fully charged ? Generally, yes. What make/model is your charger?

I took the charger apart last week and cleaned the thing up. It was awful dirty inside. I even sanded and painted it . Looks like new now and comes on a split second after I plug it in and seems to work correct but what do I know because these electric carts are new to me .

I actually sort of like them over the gas carts which is all I have worked on in the last 23 years.

I had a lady call me yesterday at my shop wanting to sell me her 2001 Ezgo TXT electric . I ended up paying here $400. Of course I bought it knowing the batteries were probably bad but it was running last week. The reason I know is I drove by here house a few weeks ago and she was driving it. Someone told here to sell it because it was getting lazy.

It belonged to her husband who who passed away last year. I checked it out late yesterday and the batteries were CARQUEST and date on them was Jan 2008. Cart needs some cleaning up and a few little things but I see a profit Body is great. Another project in progress. I won't install batteries until I get ready to sell it. Probably going to install a new flip rear seat when I get it cleaned up. Hope I didn't give too much
See above.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

It's a Powerwise Charger 36-Volt. It works fine other than the issue not knowing if it shuts off automatically.

My son told me this morning that the state of charge meter needle moved about half way in green late yesterday when they were going up a pretty steep hill. When he got to top it went back to the right in the white area of gauge. Hate to keep asking questions but like I said I am new to electric carts.

He said that needle also moves just tapping on the dash a good bit. I did notice that when I loaded it on the trailer. Probably normal being an analog so again no big deal.

He also said since adding the flip seat the cart seemed a little weak when they hit that hill. The rear flip seat only added a little over 100 pounds without riders. His wife who is thin and his 7 year old daughter were riding on the rear seat so again probably normal.

How would he get more power other than changing it to 48 volts ? controller maybe ? High torque mother ?

I was a golfer for over 45 years and I don't think I ever paid any attention when riding on electric carts. I was more worried about my bets.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
It's a Powerwise Charger 36-Volt. It works fine other than the issue not knowing if it shuts off automatically. Model number? Some have a timer.

My son told me this morning that the state of charge meter needle moved about half way in green late yesterday when they were going up a pretty steep hill. When he got to top it went back to the right in the white area of gauge. Hate to keep asking questions but like I said I am new to electric carts. Sounds fine.

He said that needle also moves just tapping on the dash a good bit. I did notice that when I loaded it on the trailer. Probably normal being an analog so again no big deal. Don't tap on the dash.

He also said since adding the flip seat the cart seemed a little weak when they hit that hill. The rear flip seat only added a little over 100 pounds without riders. His wife who is thin and his 7 year old daughter were riding on the rear seat so again probably normal. See below.

How would he get more power other than changing it to 48 volts ? controller maybe ? High torque mother ? See below.

I was a golfer for over 45 years and I don't think I ever paid any attention when riding on electric carts. I was more worried about my bets.
Good info for upgrades:

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #15
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I will get you the battery charger model number soon.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO