lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2019, 09:18 PM   #1
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default Alltrax 4844 new old stock?????

Hey guys, I just had a chance to buy out a guy who had a bunch of miscellaneous golf cart equipment. I like to rebuild cards to make a little extra cash and figured I could use some of the stuff. Amongst all of the stuff I purchased there was an alltrax 4844 controller. Brand new old stock. Never been on a cart. I see that it is for series type motors which I have a 95 club car 48 V with a series motor. I actually had trouble with it a few months ago where I needed to replace a microswitch that was in the potentiometer. It is not a V glide or an early Emcor style it is one of the weird in between years where they made a potentiometer. Will this 400 amp controller work on that cart? And if so will that controller and larger cables along with a heavy duty solenoid maybe forward reverse switch maker A speed difference?
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2019, 07:34 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 4844 new old stock?????

In a Series cart you will get speed with voltage (or motor or gears, etc), but with all you are doing or wanting to do it will make the cart stronger and more efficient in the energy delivery and should give you a little more speed. Above that, you will need a new motor for more speed.

That is a pot-box you have on your cart, previous to MCOR's and great little throttle devices. Unfortunately, can not get parts anymore as they have been discontinued.

For the controller, call up Alltrax and double check that way there is no ambiguity or mistake. They are great to talk too.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:54 AM   #3
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default Re: Alltrax 4844 new old stock?????

Not sure what I want to do with it. I may just sell it. The controller on my series cart works fine now. Is swapping out really even worth it?
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car