lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf cart loading into back of a truck. I've got some troubleshooting to do!

Well I tried to load the golf cart into the truck this morning and it didn't go exactly as planned. I've gotta figure out how to modify the rear. Anytime already do this? Don't see alot of folks doing this...

https://youtu.be/qTJ3trFQtm0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jasonnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 10:34 AM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf cart loading into back of a truck. I've got some troubleshooting to do!

I use 10’ folding ramps.
The rear platform will almost scrap but it clears.
Ended up removing platform so tailgate will close far enough with cart in truck 6’ bed that it won,t hit my campers tongue jack when towing cart and camper at same time.
With 6’. Bed rear wheels of cart will be resting inside bed,not sitting on tailgate
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #3
Dadzilla
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf cart loading into back of a truck. I've got some troubleshooting to do!

back your truck up to a small hill or into a small gully - lowers the bed and raises the ramps in relation to the cart. Note, cart loads from the up-hill side.
Dadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #4
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Add a couple 2x6's screwed together to each side. Could make them maybe 4-5 feet long. Rest the end of the ramps on the end of the wood which will raise the ramps slightly and lessen the chance of the cart high centering on the ramps. Looked like it may not have that issue from the video but you didnt get it far enough to tell for sure.
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I posted this elsewhere, but after two Cheby Silverado's and my now F-150, I've got this winch on\off the truck bed down to a science.

That "chain" across the bed is kinda scary. Plus it has to muck up the paint at the top of each side of the truck bed.

First.....you gotta have fabbed up and bolted to the top of the truck bed a piece of metal...mine is 4" x 1/4" that also is angled at both ends to keep the bed from buckling. Any new fabrication can be done by simply having a boss welded to the center of the steel plate. On my setup.....I have the steel plate that I mention, bu there is the additional aluminum piece that has the boss welded on it.

The only reason there are two separate pieces on mine is the aluminum piece was first fabbed up for my old Silverado. That didn't work (not as strong) as with a piece of steel.....so the steel got added to the Silverado setup, then "moved" over to the F-150 when I bot it.

BTW....I've been "bed hauling" my cart for years now and those tailgate braces are not necessary. I've never had a problem with the truck bed bending or anything.

Anyway here are pics of the setup. These, except the last pic were taken with the bed cover closed. I use those ammo cans for wheel chocks. They work great!!

Here's a pic when my F-150 was new.....just prior to the winch hookup install. BTW....the F-150 bed needs removed for this install. I had all of the "stuff" needed for the install, bolts, washers, etc., and my buddy at the body shop charged me $90 to install it. He had one of his guys just "pop" the bed off.....bolt this on and pop the bed back on. (Like I could do that )

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:31 PM   #6
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

I don't think my wife would ever let me take the bed off the truck... well not for a while anyways! The chain is held in place with these from amazon "Bull Ring 4025 -Ford Flush, Truck Bed Tie Downs for 2015-19 F 150/2017-19 Super Duty - 1-Pair". They say they are rated for 1000lbs each. I also have those TieDowns in the bed of the truck but I didn't know about putting the chain between those and pulling the aluminum of the inside of the bed together. I just went to Lowe's and purchased a 2x12 and cut it in half to add to the ramp. The ramp I have also has holes screwed threw out it so I bought four carriage bolts to go through the wood to hold it to the ramp. I would try it out again but it's snowing outside now... but I do think I need to noodle some more on my in truck anchor and your solution looks pretty amazing!
Old 03-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #7
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadzilla View Post
back your truck up to a small hill or into a small gully - lowers the bed and raises the ramps in relation to the cart. Note, cart loads from the up-hill side.
Dadzilla, I'm trying to make a solution that works in a few places, to include Disney which I hear is pretty flat. Otherwise your idea is solid; especially for Virginia (and in the Ozarks where I grew up!)
Old 03-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #8
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post

That "chain" across the bed is kinda scary. Plus it has to muck up the paint at the top of each side of the truck bed.
Do you think a 2000lbs tow strap pulled tight across the bull rings would be better than that chain?
Old 03-03-2019, 04:03 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Silly idea, but have you tried with two people, one on each side, lifting the rear seat "arm rest" tube steel while winching it? It looks like you could almost make it.

Heck on my driveway, I'd just drag it the few inches/feet it needs to clear.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #10
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

Nope. The other thing I'm thinking is using a couple different sized hitch pins and making the rear removable with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO