lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default DIY Precedent battery conversion questions

So it's finally time to replace the batteries in my 05 precedent. Like everyone else, I've checked out the thread about the DIY battery tub conversion. It looks pretty good but now that it's been a few years, how is everyone's conversion holding up?

I'm not worried about the work but the only thing that concerns me are the batteries you cut the openings for. I'm just worried that the only thing keeping them from sliding forward is the body and not the tub. It's hard to tell from the pictures so I may be worrying about nothing. Has anyone had to slam on their brakes or even worse, had a front end collision with something/someone?

The aftermarket tub kits are still about $330-$400(with no new OBC) and the cheapest I can find the Club Car kits:

AM1275201 - $379
103368401 - $125

I like saving money but I also like to do things proper and safe.

Thanks for any input on this!
dgcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #2
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DIY Precedent battery conversion questions

So I ended up going with the Club Car kit. It took me a little longer to finish it because I forgot to order a light wiring harness and a voltage reducer.

If you are going to go with the Club Car kit, I would recommend buying it from a local dealer. All of the prices I found online still ended up costing more than it did from my local CC dealer. Also, there were some extra parts that popped up on their computer when they started putting in the part numbers, so they ordered them too.

It's really not that hard of an install, it just takes patience going through every step in the instructions. I would also plan on taking time to clean everything while you have the cart torn apart. It's a rare oppotunity to have most of the body parts off of the frame so you can clean everything well.

No matter how you do the upgrade to 6 x 8v batteries, it is definitely worth the upgrade. I am seeing a huge increase in run time after switching from 12v batteries.
dgcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car