lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
camodude1954
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Battery info, Please

I have a 48V 2001 Club Car DS that I recently purchased. Supposedly the Eveready batteries that are currently in in are 2 years old. I assume that these are not a very good brand of batteries because it seems like all the talk is about the Trojan batteries. Are the Trojans the best thing going, or are there others out there with the same performance? I have heard that the top of the Negative post should have a letter and a number stamped on them, signifying the month and year they were made. Is this true? If so, these batteries don't have those stamps on them
camodude1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery info, Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by camodude1954 View Post
I have a 48V 2001 Club Car DS that I recently purchased. Supposedly the Eveready batteries that are currently in in are 2 years old. I assume that these are not a very good brand of batteries because it seems like all the talk is about the Trojan batteries. Are the Trojans the best thing going, or are there others out there with the same performance? I have heard that the top of the Negative post should have a letter and a number stamped on them, signifying the month and year they were made. Is this true? If so, these batteries don't have those stamps on them
The three top batteries are, Trojan, US battery and Crown. There is a stamp code on the Neg post that signifies year and month of manufacturing.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...y-quality.html
Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
camodude1954
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I said Eveready, but meant Energizer. I see nothing on the neg post, but do see a 6 L on the positive post
camodude1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks. I said Eveready, but meant Energizer. I see nothing on the neg post, but do see a 6 L on the positive post
It could be on the Pos post...I can't remember... If thats the code it would be built in Dec of 2006.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
what is just as important as brand of battery is battery maintence.......sure some are better then others but no matter what you choose make sure its a golfcart battery and make certain you break them in proper and after that you do regular maintence on them..............once you slack on maintence your in for battery issues..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
rib33024

Trojan Batteries --- Positive Terminal- Manufacturing Date. This code indicates the actual date when mechanical assembly of the battery was completed. At this point, electrolyte has not been added to the battery and formation charging has not taken place. LETTER stands for the month and could be anything from A to L (A=January, B=February, C=March, and so on),; NUMBER stands for the date.
Negative Terminal- Shipping Date. This code indicates the month and year when the battery was shipped out of our factory. LETTER stands for the month (see below); NUMBER is the last digit of the year.

click on pic to enlarge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2103.jpg (195.6 KB, 0 views)
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Trojan Batteries--- Positive Terminal- Manufacturing Date. This code indicates the actual date when mechanical assembly of the battery was completed. At this point, electrolyte has not been added to the battery and formation charging has not taken place. LETTER stands for the month and could be anything from A to L (A=January, B=February, C=March, and so on),; NUMBER stands for the date.
Negative Terminal- Shipping Date. This code indicates the month and year when the battery was shipped out of our factory. LETTER stands for the month (see below); NUMBER is the last digit of the year.

click on pic to enlarge
Good info. Mine only has a date code on one of the post, can't remember which one, and I also believe there is a sticker with a code. So I think not all codes are imprinted in the post, agree?

I have US batteries.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Good info. Mine only has a date code on one of the post, can't remember which one, and I also believe there is a sticker with a code. So I think not all codes are imprinted in the post, agree?

I have US batteries.
yes not all batteries have it on the post, that info is for Trojan Batteries
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
yes not all batteries have it on the post, that info is for Trojan Batteries
So I would say that for US batteries that the code stamped into the post is the date the battery was shipped out and the sticker is the manufacturing date.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car