lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default steeleng 6" lift questions

When I put my 6" steeleng on my club car, I was in a hurry to ride it and didn't get the toe in / camber perfect. That was a few weeks ago so tuesday evening I decided to finally sit down and adjust it perfect since I had time.

Long story short, 2.5 hours later, I did not get it adjusted perfect. I think my toe in is pretty good but I could not for the life of me get the camber adjusted perfect. Everytime I would check it, jack it up, adjust it, set it down, and it would look ok. Then i would tighten everything (I had it snug so it wouldn't move, I wasn't tightening it enough to move everything) and set it back down and it would not be where I measured it at. I got so pissed off that I decided I don't care and it will be fine for the little that I drive my cart but I didn't know if anybody had the same issue.

Along those lines - are the bolts (specifically the allen head bolts to adjust camber) supposed to be SAE or metric? I called steeleng and they said they were SAE hardware on the kit - but I couldn't get any of my SAE hex heads to fit - i used a metric allen key. It wasn't a perfect fit but it fit way better than ANY of my standard sets. which really shows you how bad the standard ones fit since I used a metric one that wasn't a perfect fit. I'm not sure if I just don't have right sockets but i'm not sure how many sizes of allens I need. I wouldn't have thought that I would need a very specific size not found in common hex key sets to take bolts out of a golf cart lift kit but i've been wrong before.

And I was wondering if the steering wheel is removable. I am willing to live with my less than perfect (but livable on a cart I drive once a week, I dont care) because there is definitely not enough adjustment to get my steering wheel to straight when the wheels are straight. can i just un-thread the adjuster and turn the steering wheel then put it back on? (if that makes sense? or take off the steering wheel and flip it 180 degrees
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts