lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2019, 10:07 PM   #1
mrthomas598
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 Ambush IS with electrical problem

I have a 2017 Ambush IS that has a long history of electrical problems. It has had the transmission actuator replaced twice, the transmission controller replaced, and the charger receptacle replaced twice. The fusible link to the battery has melted once. I just got it back from the dealer repair where they replaced the transmission controller and the charger receptacle. My wife and grandson were out riding today for about 30 minutes when they smelled something burning and the ambush stopped in the middle of the road. When I got there the cart was dead- no gauges, lights, winch was locked and cart would not start or move in electric mode nor start in gas mode. The winch also would not disengage. Tonight I went out to the cart, turned on key, still nothing, so in an attempt to pull out the winch I pressed the toggle switch for the winch in the out position. The gauge lights came on and stayed on as long as I pressed pressed the switch repeatedly. I then put it in the electric mode and pressed the accelerator. I heard the whirring noise and tried to move it. Wouldn’t move so I switched to gas, held down the winch controller in the out position. It cranked and moved, so I went back to electric mode and holding down the winch control was able to move but it shook bad so I went back to gas and cranked it. I was able to move it to the barn but had to keep the winch control pressed to out or it would shut down. I talked to the service manager this afternoon before I found this and he suggested the controller or ignition switch was bad. With what I found tonight that seems unlikely. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? I will gladly answer any questions. Sorry this is so long but I wanted to put in all the information that might apply. Thanks for any help!
mrthomas598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
Erle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 Ambush IS with electrical problem

I certainly don't know for sure but it sounds to me like a link to ground is open somewhere & pressing the winch switch is giving you a path to ground. At least it is an idea to check out. I would begin by checking all the battery connections. If your control module is not getting 48 volts, your buggy will not operate, even in gas mode. With the burning smell, it might even be a positive lead to something.

Erle
Erle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ambush is, electrical problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO