lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
280Ackley
Not Yet Wild

Default New Build Confusion

I am building off a previously modified 2002 Ezgo PDS that the motor was blown and it was left for dead. Cart had a Alltrax dcx 500 in it that shows a solid green light when powered up. My attempt was to fix the small body and suspension issues, new 2ga cables, new plum quick motor, install a limited slip in the rear end, convert to 48 volt ,new Trojan battery pack and use the alltrax dcx that was in the cart.

I thought I wanted the Regen motor system to ease my descent down hills on my hunting properties since I would be using stock brakes. I知 not so sure now. I have my new PQ crocodile motor installed and contacted Ron at Alltrax to discuss mapping for my dcx controller and the motor combination. I was told mapping was not done on the PQ motors with any out of production controllers such as my dcx. Makes perfect sense but now I知 in a spot where Ron told me if I want to run that crocodile motor I would have no choice but to buy a new XCT 500 controller and splice it into the speed sensor on the PQ motor.

The old GE motor that was on the cart when I bought it did not have the speed sensor wired to the controller. I assume the Regen was programmed out of the controller settings.

Was my dcx controller acceptable to use with my new motor set up? Will the new controller provide better service? Do I connect the Regen or not?

Thanks fellas
280Ackley is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO