lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Engine Block Pulley Removal - KF82

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of tearing down my KF82 gas engine I removed from my '87 Club Car. Motor failed as a result of the rod separating from the crank, surprisingly little actual broken damage. The rod bolts seem to have actually backed out of the rod and are laying in the bottom of the crankcase (along with the rod cap. Weird.

Anyway, I've removed the driven clutch and am now trying to remove the "inboard" piece that is bolted to the starter pulley and don't know if you guys have an easy way of doing this (do I need a finger puller?).

Here's a pic of the pulley, etc. I'm trying to remove:

Here's a pic of the rod and piston I pulled out of the block through the cylinder bore:

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Engine Block Pulley Removal - KF82

Ok I never figured out how to get that pulley off in order to access the crankcase, and I didn't have to (at the moment). I unbolted the side cover and the whole guts just came right out. I found the cap, retainer, & missing bolts (one still completely intact):

I also discovered that as the rod broke apart, it snapped the camshaft. I thought the cam was ok because it still spun the rods up and down as I turned the motor before disassembly. I guess because of the angle of the crack it was still able to grab itself and spin with the case supporting and surrounding it:

Old 09-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

man thats ugly......see if you can find a rebuild kit for it, i,m not sure how they come now but several years ago the kit came with a new camshaft..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
birdleg1981
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ouch!!!!
birdleg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

You would be better off buying a clone motor and dropping it in. More power and cheaper than rebuilding that old motor.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

I was able to take my clutch off using an old cut off ratchet extension and a bolt to drive it off. Have to be care for the threads on the end of the crank shaft though.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Matt I was looking at your pics and it looks like you did a repair to your block with some epoxy. My block has a crack in the same area from where the rod bolts beat it out from the inside. I was wondering if your repair seems to have held up so far and if you (or anyone else here) would recommend it. I know a guy who has a good crank and cam that I can get for $100, I'd just need a new rod assembly. Tossing around ideas right now.

Your pic:

My block:
Old 09-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Matt I was looking at your pics and it looks like you did a repair to your block with some epoxy. My block has a crack in the same area from where the rod bolts beat it out from the inside. I was wondering if your repair seems to have held up so far and if you (or anyone else here) would recommend it. I know a guy who has a good crank and cam that I can get for $100, I'd just need a new rod assembly. Tossing around ideas right now.

Your pic:

My block:
craig if you do end up getting those parts I have then I could help you get the back section of the drive clutch off to. let me know.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Thanks Chris I'll take you up on that if I do. Stay tuned.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #10
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well, that repair was done before I took ownership of the cart (aug 2010) it's held fine and still runs good. I however don't know what they used.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car