lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
kungfului916
Not Yet Wild

Default 295cc Robin 2002 EZGO oil not pumping

I have checked and rechecked all the systems on the cart, packed the oil gears, and I still don't have any oil coming up into the head to lube the camshaft. It seized up the cam and tore the timing gear. Does anyone know how to get the oil up there :)?
kungfului916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
kungfului916
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 295cc Robin 2002 EZGO oil not pumping

After 70 views...no one has any idea?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
kungfului916
Not Yet Wild

Alright, so for anyone who is having the same problem, I have fixed the issue and I am now pumping oil. Oddly enough, mechanically, everything was working just fine in the beginning. However, the oil filter creates a suction against its housing in the crank case. As the oil flows through the filter the spinning pump creates suction and draws the oil up through the channels and puts it where it needs to go. The problem? It doesn't have enough drawing power to pull oil from a completely dry case. So, people have said pack it with grease? Bad idea! It may have worked for some, but I did it and I created more clogs. How did I fix it? First as always, clean and check for damage. Carb clean every hole in the crank case cover and make sure your oil has a free path from the bottom all the way to the head. In order to do this (yours probably seized anyways so the cam shaft should be removed, if not, remove it. Next check the O ring in the oil filter and with the crank case cover off check (with your finger) to make sure there is a solid seal. After you are sure that every thing is cleaned and has room to move, put everything back together except for the oil pump and the cam shaft. Here's the trick. You need to prime the pump with oil not grease (in my opinion). The best way to do this is to fill up a straw with oil and let it drain through the bottom hole in your oil pump housing. That oil will flow down into the crank case and fill up any air bubbles floating around in there. Next fill up another straw with oil and let it drain in the hole where the oil comes up into the crank case. Note: I tried it before the oil...no pumping, with the oil...everything now pumps just fine. With all the views I hope this helps, if you have any questions...let me know.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Good to hear you got it figured out. It's always good to receive the follow up on something like this to make it easier for the next guy.

Great information and nice write up on the issue and solution.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sorry, this post was posted before I joined, I never seen it. I would have told you that grease in the oil pump gears was not nessesary, if you have to grease the pump gears to get them to pump oil up to the top of your engine, then i say your pump is junk and needs to be replaced, glad you got it fixed.
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO