lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1983 Robin quit running

im thinkin the gas mix you used has possibly clogged the muffler a lil more than it was..should be able to look in it after its off and see how it look,,i could be wrong tho..
if you been useing the mix you said for a yr that bbq will do wonders from what ive learned here...if you been runnin that mix it will run like twice as good after the muffler clean out im told..i hope to hear good things from this..
im waiting
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #22
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

It is not going to hurt to BBQ the muffler but frankly I don't see that as the cause. Generally the muffler will clog up slowly until the cart has very little energy left. You describe sudden and catastrophic loss of power. If you want to prove the case then loosen the bolts between the exhaust pipe and the muffler until you have a 1/2 inch gap. Take it for a ride and see if it now works.

It is possible that you have burnt through a ring and now have very low compression and if you find your tester you can prove or disprove that hypothesis. In the meantime put your thumb over the plug hole and crank the engine, if it blows your thumb away from the engine you are probably in good shape.

Two stroke engines are very hard on plugs and it is my experience that once a plug gives up no amount of TLC will bring it back to life. Go to NAPA / Autozone / Advance or whatever and get yourself a NGK BP5HS and a 2 foot length of plug lead. If that doesn't cure your problem well at least we ruled out the plug and only wasted $5.

Good luck

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #23
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

what dave said pretty much seems the best and fastest method for sure,,i didnt think to unbolt the flange and save some time,thanks dave
def go with the ngk plug tho
Old 10-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #24
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

And mix your fuel 128:1. That 1oz oil to 1gallon of gas.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
preciador6
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast67 View Post
And mix your fuel 128:1. That 1oz oil to 1gallon of gas.

So did he ever fix the problem
preciador6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #26
stevek
Not Yet Wild

Well I believe the word I am looking is YEEHA!!!
A second cleaning of the carburetor worked wonders. The part #9 on the diagram sent earlier for the carburetor may have been the problem. I disassembled the carb one more time and when I took it out(missed it the first time), it was approx. two threads out from being seated. Tightened it up after spraying carb cleaner and reassembled and cart fired right off. I ran into my mower parked behind it too LOL!. I have diluted the gasoline mix by at least half, and the cart is now running like a spotted Arsed ape. I tried the compression before hand and it was 120psi. which alleviated ideas about leaking seals and such, wheew!.
A little troubleshooting technique I got from uncle-in-law was to spray a bit of WD-40 into cylinder, in lieu of starting fluid, once it tried to fire on this bit of hydrocarbon, I realized that although I had cleaned the carb, the problem was still in fuel delivery system which precipitated my 2nd cleaning. The buggie is now running very, very, well. In fact much better with the diluted fuel.
Thanks to all who have offered ideas on this forum. I hope my response here has helped others with the same issues. I am sure glad it was not anything serious and that I got a cheap lesson on fuel mixtures.
I now have to hold back on the pedal, as our property is very very uneven terrain, and the buggie wants to flyyy!
I am now not regretting our $350 expenditure on this cart and thanks to everyones' help I am now much more confident with working on this machine.
Again, thanks to all for your help!!!!!!
stevek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #27
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Im glad you got it going.

1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #28
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

good deal,,glad it all worked out for you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO