lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 4 Stroke 295cc Robin

Ok I'm back It's been awile

That 91 ezgo that I have was smoking blue smoke bad so I desied to rebuild it. So I ordered some new ring and gaskets and rebuilt it. Every thing was going good - I got it all together and ran it for about 3 mins to brake it in. Let it cool then ran it again for about 2 mins than it seized up. HELP what did I do wrong?

I put 1 1/2qts of a good oil in it. Could I have put the rings in wrong Please help .
frogger812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default re: 4 Stroke 295cc Robin

sounds as if you were breaking it in wrong, When first starting you need to run the engine over 2500 rpm for 10-15 minutes. this is to ensure that oil gets slung into the cylinders to lube the piston and rings during break-in. your also suppose to fill the crank with oil and prime the oil pump, I also use assembly lube on cam and crank journals. I'm going off of memory so it may be a little different but this should all be covered in the engine rebuild part of the manual.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #3
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

One thing that I did was put it in neutral and run it, I didn't drive it around.
That manual that I bought must not be a service manual its real basic.

thanks agian for all you help I hope It's not ruined
frogger812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

check this manual out, it is listed with the other ezgo manuals in the sticky thread at the top part of the forum
http://www.ransomes-jacobsen.biz/spe.../27615-G01.pdf
Old 02-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
Akanaz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 4 Stroke 295cc Robin

Happening the same on my EH29C Robins, so how can we prime and fill the oil pump without taking it apart again?
Akanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanaz View Post
Happening the same on my EH29C Robins, so how can we prime and fill the oil pump without taking it apart again?
It's to late for you to worry about that now. damage to your rods has already occurred and they will fail. your problem sounds like there's more going on than you just didn't prime the oil system. there isn't a procedure for trying to prime everything after you've run it till it locks up. I guess you could try putting oil where the pressure switch goes and turning over by hand.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
sms-shop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

why Jon tell me that not so .... i've allways been told there's live after death....
sms-shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms-shop View Post
why Jon tell me that not so .... i've allways been told there's live after death....
Slap a jumper pack on it and give it a jolt.... clear......zap......
Maybe he can run it awhile using gear lube or some 60wt for oil
Old 03-02-2016, 08:30 PM   #9
Nate29
Not Yet Wild

I had same issue, rebuilt my 295cc 1996 ezgo. 20 min after running it locked up. No oil was pumping to top end. So I rebuilt again. This time I replaced oil pump cover with new one from factory which is now much thicker that the thin old one. Also I used a small medicine injector and squirted a mixture of oil and Lucas in all the small oil passageways throughout motor and head. Then just before starting it I injected as much oil as possible into the hole where the oil pressure switch goes then re installed the switch. That was my issue. That pre primed the oil pump and has been running great perfect ever sense. Ran it for couple hours then Changed the oil. Everything works great. Lots of oil pumping to top end. Oil pump needs to be primed and that old thin cover warps just enough to lose its prime. 14$ pump cover from ezgo don't go with cheap Japan model also get the new rubber ring.
Nate29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO