lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
kevins
Not Yet Wild

Default 24 hp Honda Wiring Diagram

I need a basic wiring diagram please. Using an ignition key to disable cart and a toggle switch and momentary start. I just can remember How I did it last time!! Oldtimers disease and I am 46!!!! Thanks to anyone who can help!
kevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Default Re: 24 hp Honda Wiring Diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins View Post
I need a basic wiring diagram please. Using an ignition key to disable cart and a toggle switch and momentary start. I just can remember How I did it last time!! Oldtimers disease and I am 46!!!! Thanks to anyone who can help!
Just use a marine Key start. Magneto Ignition Switch.

Like this one.

The wiring diagram for the switch is below.

The Honda Wiring diagram is in the Parts manual at the top of the Big Block section and also here:
turboaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
turboaz2
Gone Wild

And in plain english:

Honda------------------Ignition Switch---------------Connected to:

Black w/ Red Stripe------Black with Yellow Stripe------Coils (wire comes out on the starter side of the engine.)

Black------------------- Black------------------------Ground (Engine Ground Preferred)

White-------------------Red-------------------------Battery 12V Positive (Connect the Red to the Battery and run the white from the engine to the battery)

(none)------------------Yellow w/ Red Stripe---------Starter relay or solenoid (Spade connector on the Starter. You can use a relay or not.)

Black w/Yellow Stripe----Purple-----------------------Fuel cut sol.and Acc. 12V (The cut sol. on the carb must have 12V pos. for the engine to run. This will also turn on a relay for Accessories.)

(none)------------------Yellow w/ Black Stripe--------Electric choke or horn (push in on the key for this.)

Does that help?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
turboaz2
Gone Wild

Does this help anyone?

Can we sticky it so we don't have to rehash it?

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
Mikee
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 24 hp Honda Wiring Diagram

Looks good. I will be going out in a little while and trying it out.

I will let you know how it goes.

I am sure your diagram is correct. My following them correctly though....
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Bill Bry
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello all! I have been trying to use this thread to wire a GX670 to my Club Car. It is an uninstalled new engine about 5 years old. None of the harness wires from the control box seemed to match up with the engine wires and the wiring diagram above is the same one in my manual. If anyone had a description of each wires function so I can understand the reasoning, rather than just telling what wire hitches where, that would help me greatly. My engine colors seem different than the plain english version posted previously. I did find that my new starter key switch was sticking in the starter crank position, which held me up troubleshooting. I did get it running accidently, but it would not stay running. Using the wiring diagram to determine the white wires connection I smoked an electrical part under the red fan shroud and almost caught fire... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Bill Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
fstg21
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Remove the control box. and set it aside.

You should have a harness with bullet connectors and a voltage regulator.

The diagram above lists all the wire colors.

The switch you want is a MARPAC 7-1155

Do not use the stock switch.
fstg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #9
fstg21
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bry View Post
Hello all! I have been trying to use this thread to wire a GX670 to my Club Car. It is an uninstalled new engine about 5 years old. None of the harness wires from the control box seemed to match up with the engine wires and the wiring diagram above is the same one in my manual. If anyone had a description of each wires function so I can understand the reasoning, rather than just telling what wire hitches where, that would help me greatly. My engine colors seem different than the plain english version posted previously. I did find that my new starter key switch was sticking in the starter crank position, which held me up troubleshooting. I did get it running accidently, but it would not stay running. Using the wiring diagram to determine the white wires connection I smoked an electrical part under the red fan shroud and almost caught fire... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Start a new thread in the BB section and I'll help you through it.

There should not be a white wire coming out from under the cooling shroud. only 1 or 2 grey . The White wire comes from the voltage regulator harness to the battery only.

Hint: pictures help.
fstg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #10
Bill Bry
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Will do. Thanks.
Bill Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!