lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #21
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Big Block Clutch Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneomac View Post
Thanks for the info roady. And thanks CPP for taking care of us.
X100

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #22
TxJole
Gone Wild

Yamaha

CRAP you think Tom will trade me a 2 week old Comet 780 for a CV???
TxJole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #23
shaneomac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Big Block Clutch Options

I've only gotten to run my cart for about 20 min. but so far I love my new cvtech 6 from cpp.
shaneomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #24
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneomac View Post
I've only gotten to run my cart for about 20 min. but so far I love my new cvtech 6 from cpp.
Glad to hear it. Mine is on the way.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #25
shaneomac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I already asked in my thread, but NewGuy, I thought you already had one?
shaneomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #26
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I have a CV Tech clutch on my 18hp but it is a different P/N. It works great. The new one coming is for my Geep1, 16 hp clone.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #27
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

So what do we club car guys do? Has anybody tried one on there club car yet? I might have another big block club car in the works soon.
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #28
1vahunter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm using the 06 clutch on my 88 DS gasser with no interference problems. You'll need a rear lift that puts the leafs on top of the axle and modify your front cradle bracket so it allows the engine cradle to be lowered to a more level position. I lowered my bracket 2 inches and am using the cheap 6" lift from BU. Plenty of room. Call Tom at CPP, he'll hook you up.
1vahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #29
Gobbler
Not Yet Wild

Wondering if anyone has experience with secondary clutches when performing an engine swap. The cart we are building is a full custom tube chassis, long travel suspension, and a yamaha 440 twin sled engine. The sled motor is running a comet 102c primary clutch, and the rear is a Dana H 12 with an ez-go secondary. Problem is the comet is set up for a 1 1/8" belt and the sled clutch is 1 1/4". The primary works great, but lose a bunch of top speed because the belt is to wide to drop into the secondary. At this point I thought about using a 1 3/16 belt and modifying the 3 stop blocks in the clutch so it can open up an additional 1/16" and running a performance spring. We may end up having to have a snowmobile secondary modified to work on the golf cart rear end, but not sure yet. Although I build other custom tube chassis cars, this is my first attempt at a cvt drive system, so any help from guys that have already done motor swaps would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help
Gobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #30
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Personally I would try to mod the sled secondary to work if possible. Most of the sled secondaries are larger and thus give a wider range of gearing. Many carts will not fit one unless cut down, in addition to any shaft differences, but the sled secondary also has the proper spring and ramp angle to work with the sled clutch. Likely need to machine the cart secondary to widen it, maybe machine the surface that seats on the trans shaft snapring that far not sure, or otherwise cut down the helix to move it and the moving side of the clutch back that far on the shaft IIRC. Put a spacer (they use a nylon washer) between the sheaves so the belt does not puke out the top at rest/stop.

You will have to tune the CVT to work right a sled is high load a cart is low power. Try to look up some of those guys that run the desert buggies.

Here: http://www.suckindiesel.com/thingy/viewtopic.php?p=8863

Except for racing a CVT usually keeps the rpm and thus power low at low speeds to counter traction issues or high stress on drive components. Once you gain some speed it ramps up to full power. You need to know max power rpm and keep it there. Other tuning is rpm it runs at partial throttle.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!