lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2021, 09:08 PM   #1
Gunrok
Not Yet Wild

Default Maximum compression that the starter generator can overcome?

There are a few places that my better half and myself would like to go riding. At least one of these places does a visual inspection of the engine to make sure it is stock. Well, being a kart racer, stock is ok for a while. So my question is, what is the maximum amount of compression that the starter generator can overcome in order to start the cart. Also, are there any performance cams available for the pre-MCI 350cc engine? Has anybody been able to achieve performance gains from modifying the muffler while keeping the sound level close to stock? Thanks in advance!
Gunrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2021, 06:42 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Maximum compression that the starter generator can overcome?

You can find most everything you mention in the search area in the upper toolbar.
Welcome to the nut house and have fun...
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
Gunrok
Not Yet Wild

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:29 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I would think the S/G would turn over an engine with 220 psi of compression. Don't know about the performance cams but I was told you can take a 350 and put and 295 head on it to gain more compression and power.

You got to remember no matter what you do the built in rev limiter in ignitor is going to kick in at around 3700 rpm's and shut this engine off which is a good thing. I don't like to get one even close to that for fear of blowing up.

These engines are quite so messing the muffler would not be for me but I assume you could take it apart and do some tweaking if you don't mind messing one up. Make sure you have a spare though
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:27 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Having done several 295 heads on the 350 engine and many other mods to increase the performance on the pre mci engine, by far the best tweaks are simply the head swap and messing with the clutches and belt. You will not gain from modifying the muffler to be honest. I have tried all mods and swaps with the muffler and all you will gain is noise! If you can find someone who has the 1992 ignitor, it has no rev limiter. But you should install a rev counter to monitor your revs or you will lose a con rod or two!

Regular checks of your intake valve clearance will tell you a lot too. If constant adjustment is needed, you will need to install new inlet valves. Dont worry about porting and polishing your inlet manifold either. you will not see much gain from that.

You can preload the spring tighter in the driven clutch and get a stronger spring for the drive clutch to gain a better duration of power on a longer curve too. If you want maximum acceleration then leave the clutches as standard.

With just these simple mods you will achieve approximately 20hp compared to the standard 12hp.

Yes, you can buy performance cams, exhausts carbs etc, but is all that money worth another hp or two? Its only a golf cart LOL.

These mods I did and losing some mass will achieve the same. and the cart will appear completely stock.

yes If you spend big dollars on other mods then porting, polishing, performance cams will help but you will be looking at converting the rods to accept bearing shells and grinding the crank to suit. Installing an oil cooler and a lot of other stuff. Some have built these to see up to and slightly beyond 8000 rpm. But these guys probably have spent thousands getting there.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:03 PM   #6
Gunrok
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for taking the time to respond folks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO