lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's
Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ebay Stuff

I have a Q about 'second chance' sales on ebay.
Have any of you purchased items on second chance? Is this some kinda bad deal? I lost the bid on an item today by $2.50. I had been high bid with no activity for days. An hour before the end I bumped it up 25% for insurance. Now I'm bidding 2 xs the amount showing and boom. I'm sniped or what? Now 1 hour later it is for sale at my highest offer? Bullshit!
What's your take? Am I gettin' all worked for nuthin? Should I buy?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #12
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

hard to say, scotty. i personally don't bid until the last 10-15 seconds, if i'm able, and then i bid the max i'm willing to go. why bid it up and give someone else a chance to outbid you?

unfortunately, it's hard for others to tell if the seller is having someone shill the bid, or if it's a legit bid.

the way i look at it, if i'm getting a good price, i'm getting a good price, but don't pay more than you originally planned, otherwise you'll end up nickel and diming yourself into paying much more (such as bid 5 more, then someone else does 5 more, then you do 5 more, then all of a sudden your 100 over what you originally wanted to go).

i wouldn't get worked up. if you're getting a good price, get it. if not, there will be another at some point or another.
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Solid advice, thank you.... It is frustrating to not be able to be around at the end of the auction....Now we go from the old saying of 'buyer beware' to the new saying of ' bidder beware'
Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #14
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re:Ebay Stuff Not Ebay but Lower AL. carts for auction

Gulf Shores ,AL

Gov deals auctioning several Club cars.

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/catSelec...=ad&startrow=1
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #15
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

scottyb, the vast majority of second chance offers are scams, soliciting multiple payments on the same "too good to be true", got outbid at the last minute item. Reputable E-Bayer's will absorb the small listing fee and re-list. If you are at all suspicious report it. The only exception as a long timer is for listings where there are more than one available. my .02
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks dude...I'm just a new ebayer with like 100 transactions. New member this year. Thanks for your input. I have seen GC projects sell for too much $ and then get relisted or second chanced.....usually means whoever won was shocked when they saw it! LOL 12ptg
Old 12-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #17
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I sell on eBay all the time, if i have more than 1 of an item, I offer the next highest bidder a second chance to buy one too at his last bid. Like SaltySteel if I want something I snipe it at the last 10-15 seconds and I bid the MAX that I would pay for it. Sometimes you win and sometimes someone didn't research the price before they paid more than it was worth. That's eBay.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

this is one sick looking club car http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-CL...1%7C240%3A1308
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #19
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's a OEM Rhino roll cage modified to fit the Club Car. Too bad it isn't bolted to a solid mounting point on the front!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #20
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I scanned thru the powertrain section and thought it had Big Block, then looked at pics to see stock motor reread the section again and he states it has stock motor with upgrades to 16 hp. But he mention Honda and B&S power several times. A little trickery if you ask me.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's