Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration
Restoration Early 70's and older restoration projects

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2021, 03:42 PM   #1
Turf Rider
Not Yet Wild

Default Turf Rider IV Dash Questions

Got my book on the Turf Rider Iv from Vintage and found some additional sales literature on the FB Turf Rider site. Looks like a "cigarette lighter" was an option back in the day, and I bet it was a popular option. Mine came with one, it says it is a Casco and the ring "kinda" looks like a Ford one (but it looks like Casco made cig lighters for every manufacturer though at one time). Not sure who the knob is from, it was on the cig lighter as well as the light switch (which looks quite old and was very difficult to remove and it had no wiring going to the "cyclops" front light, my wife said I should make it like a Tucker car and have it move with the front tire), see photos below. I wonder if they just got what they could get or if they used a particular manufacturer. The cut-out in the dash plate looks like it was stamped at the factory, so maybe it was/is a stock option. Did yours have anything like that. Also, below the dash plaque there was a small red light (see pic below) and it said "Brake" on it and the cut out in the looks like it was done at the factory as the whole is near perfect as well as the 2 tabs that center the light. It had no wire to it, but there was a "kinda" boat light on the center or the rear cowling. Any comments greatly appreciated!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash 1.jpg (159.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash 2.jpg (128.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash 3.jpg (107.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash 4.jpg (118.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash 5.jpg (64.1 KB, 0 views)
Turf Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration