lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2021, 06:03 PM   #51
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: carb,carbs,carbs

If that 30 mm carb from performance 670 is indeed a Walbro from the Kohler K321-341 engines that could be a real easy solution for both the 625 and 670 engines.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2021, 10:16 AM   #52
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=raydhd;1797289]That should do it. Just wanted to say this is a good carb
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:33 PM   #53
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Old 08-18-2022, 11:23 AM   #54
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Interestingly enough the guys on carsandcameras had their highly built twin turbo HF 670 on a dyno for a carb selection session. They found even with all the mods they had a 38 mm Mikuni was TOO large for the engine. I have always maintained a 36 mm would be the max for this sized engine and then only when it was going to be used at high rpms with little regard for low end drive ability. The 34 mm unit is the one all the pro builders recommend for this engine. Great to see some real on line testing. Nothing worse carbs wise then one that is too large for a decent intake signal.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:24 AM   #55
doo dah
Gone Wild

I'm not well versed on all the carb terminology used in this thread, however I am knowledgable in carbs in general. I have a few Mikuni carbs for a Polaris Ranger 500 because I'm constantly messing around with my Ranger and will swap carbs when I need to rebuild; can I use one of these on a 670? I will be swapping the engine in to a 2013 TXT soon so I don't know how it is going to run stock but if I can use the Polaris carb that would save me from buying a new one. I have to believe that throttle cable/choke could be a challenge and possibly I'd have to change jets? I really don't know the size but think it is 34mm.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 01:32 PM   #56
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Performance 670 sells the manifold to use a Mikuni on the HF 670. Jetting is always another issue. Fortunately there are adjustable jets available for the stock type single cylinder clone carbs which makes that an easy job.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:41 PM   #57
KartMan154
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Interestingly enough the guys on carsandcameras had their highly built twin turbo HF 670 on a dyno for a carb selection session. They found even with all the mods they had a 38 mm Mikuni was TOO large for the engine. I have always maintained a 36 mm would be the max for this sized engine and then only when it was going to be used at high rpms with little regard for low end drive ability. The 34 mm unit is the one all the pro builders recommend for this engine. Great to see some real on line testing. Nothing worse carbs wise then one that is too large for a decent intake signal.
Raydhd: have you seen what happened to the carsandcameras dragster? Looks like they are in for some repairs.
KartMan154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 11:58 AM   #58
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Yes I did see that. Luckily for them despite the super high revs after the 780 blew up the engine appears to be intact. Again that will be a stay tuned situation. It will be interesting to see what they do about a primary clutch. A sled clutch would work well BUT I don't know if there is one for a 1" straight shaft.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:02 PM   #59
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

What size would you recommend for a mild 16hp vanny? 30? 32?
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:39 PM   #60
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Depending on your desire for max power or max throttle response something in the 30-34 mm range. At 480 cc very near a upper end the ccs of a single cylinder clone. If it were me the 30 would be my choice as throttle response is more important than maximum top end power.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!