lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #11
hookdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 Club Car battery issue

Thanks guys for the replies - you are correct the red charger wire was on number 2. So I fixed that but I'm not sure that fixed our problem - I'll keep you posted
hookdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2017, 06:43 PM   #12
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

hookdaddy,

Glad to see it looks like your problem is resolved.

I am interested in more responses because I have a similar issue, except my wiring was correct, because I just checked it again to be sure.

Maybe what I have is normal but I would like to know for sure.

2013 Club Car Precedent, new Crown batteries in August 2016. I put a 16 Volt to 12 volt reducer and a set of front and rear LED lights.

I charged the cart last night and noted a fully charged pack at 53.3 volts. This morning it was at 51.1 with battery 1 & 2 reading 8.29 and the other 4 reading 8.38 to 8.41, or there abouts. There is no known draw on the battery's and no sparks when connecting battery cable.

These battery's have probably only had 25 or so charge cycles, and cart doesn't get used very much, and the lights get used even less.

Welcome your thoughts,
George
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #13
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookdaddy View Post
Thanks guys for the replies - you are correct the red charger wire was on number 2. So I fixed that but I'm not sure that fixed our problem - I'll keep you posted
You may need to put a 12 volt charger on that one battery and bring the charge up on it. You can leave all the cables connected just keep and eye on the voltage on that battery. When it gets to 10 volts take the 12 volt charger off and use your cart charger let it do a complete charge. Then unhook it and hook it back up for another charge cycle. This should get your voltage back to normal.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:32 PM   #14
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
hookdaddy,

Glad to see it looks like your problem is resolved.

I am interested in more responses because I have a similar issue, except my wiring was correct, because I just checked it again to be sure.

Maybe what I have is normal but I would like to know for sure.

2013 Club Car Precedent, new Crown batteries in August 2016. I put a 16 Volt to 12 volt reducer and a set of front and rear LED lights.

I charged the cart last night and noted a fully charged pack at 53.3 volts. This morning it was at 51.1 with battery 1 & 2 reading 8.29 and the other 4 reading 8.38 to 8.41, or there abouts. There is no known draw on the battery's and no sparks when connecting battery cable.

These battery's have probably only had 25 or so charge cycles, and cart doesn't get used very much, and the lights get used even less.

Welcome your thoughts,
George

Using a 16-12 volt reducer will run the two batteries down faster than the rest of them. If you are going to use it you need to put a switch in the wire from the reducer to the battery. That way it will not drain from the battery until you turn the reducer on.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:47 PM   #15
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Using a 16-12 volt reducer will run the two batteries down faster than the rest of them. If you are going to use it you need to put a switch in the wire from the reducer to the battery. That way it will not drain from the battery until you turn the reducer on.
mrgolf,

That is exactly what I was afraid of.

I do have brake lights, and am going to add signal lights, so I can see that I will use a little bit of voltage there.

If I understand what you are saying, the reducer is going to use voltage even if I don't run the lights?

Thanks,
Aflyer
Old 02-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #16
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
mrgolf,

If I understand what you are saying, the reducer is going to use voltage even if I don't run the lights?

Thanks,
Aflyer
Yes
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #17
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golferdave View Post
Yes
Thank you!
Old 02-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #18
hookdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Well guys it looks like we haven't solved it yet something is still pulling down the one battery.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #19
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's possible that that batt is weaker than the others now
If it doesn't have any other load draining it,
May need to replace it

No other wiring to it or to the connection on the next batt ?
Water level ok?
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:46 PM   #20
hookdaddy
Not Yet Wild

It's new
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car