lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2016, 08:00 PM   #1
Cyrus9
Not Yet Wild

Default Vegas big block engine

Hey guys long time reader . Finally decided to post. I have been looking over the engine swap choices for my 02 txt and I'm liking the Vegas carts big block kit with clutch and engine mount. I did some research and my only concern is no oil filter on this engine. Anyone have an opinion if it is a issue ? I assume not but would like to hear anyone's take. I'm starting this project from boxes of parts (a Craigslist impulse purchase )so I will have more issues coming soon. Thank you all for any input in advance
Cyrus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vegas big block engine

Read my threads in clone section for 2 ideas "over filling a clone" and "magnetic dipstick"
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #3
Cyrus9
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the bump. Thanks for responding. Food for thought I will keep reading threads
Cyrus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:35 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Pressure oil can make engines last longer as well as sometimes having an oil cooler that is helpful on an air cooled engine. However yamaha still uses splash engines and states they have less parts so less problems. Indeed people wear out the rings in yamaha and rebuild and still running on same rod and bearings. It can be a larger issue with performance use, but the VC460 has a HD aftermarket rod already. So lifespan may be a little less, but parts are dirt cheap if you don't crack the block or something, and even if you do you can buy what three VC460 for one vanguard twin.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO