lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2016, 08:02 AM   #1
caterpillar950
Not Yet Wild

Default Starting issue Club car Spark or gas issue?

Morning guys, I have been having issues with my 96 club car fe 290, at first was gas issue replaced carb fuel pump all hoses cleaned tank, air filter replaced, then a spark issue, put new coil-IGNitor on didn't work, it was a brand new bad part, I ended up cleaning fly-wheel and old coil and have great spark now......I think, my new issue is either spark or fuel, she will start and run but is sluggish to start and sometimes have to pump peddle several times and she may backfire then start. I also installed new battery and cleaned all wires. any help is appreciated what do you guys think, I also tried to fool with the carb screw some not sure if I messed it up or how that should be set. Thanks guys.
caterpillar950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2016, 10:44 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default re: Starting issue Club car Spark or gas issue?

If any of the parts you replaced are aftermarket parts, switch them back to OEM.

I'm sure it didn't need a carburetor or fuel pump, those are very rare to ever fail. So if those are aftermarket parts, put the originals back on.

You said you changed the coil and it was no good right out of the box, so that's a really good chance you bought a aftermarket coil.

Pumping the pedal really does nothing on a golf cart.

Buy a cheap spark tester, hook it up and when the cart has an issue see what the spark is doing, that will tell you spark or fuel.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:39 AM   #3
caterpillar950
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Starting issue Club car Spark or gas issue?

Thanks I put the old coil back on spark seems better I will defiantly take your advise on oem parts thanks I'll play with it and let ya know results
caterpillar950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car