lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
stevek
Not Yet Wild

Default 1983 Robin quit running

I have a 1983 ez go cart with a robin 244cc. engine. It has been running fine until yesterday when it started smoking and then would not run anymore. I towed it to the garage and began trouble shooting the problem. There is gas up to the carburetor, and the plug is getting wet as well as fuel is collecting in the air intake. When I dry the plug, it will run for a short time(only secs.)enough to move it a few feet. I have run it with too rich a mixture, and have drained rich fuel and replaced with oil free gas to try to obtain the 128:1mix. The oil injection is not working to my knowledge. We have been running this cart for about one year with no problems to speak of until this..
stevek is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO