lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2021, 10:15 AM   #11
Jack Daniels
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Extreme Team install

I believe I have got it figured out. I had to remove my reducer and its wiring harness from the front of the cart, and hooked up the pos and neg wire to the 12v connection on the battery. Lights and USB port working perfect, though they no longer shut off with the key.

The red wire is from the charging receptacle, and I am still thinking about that one. I would rather keep the charger in the garage, probably mounted on the wall instead of being onboard. So once I remove the ring terminals that are connected to the charger, install the oem club car plug that was included in my kit to it, and reconnect the red wire to the 48v positive I think I should be good to go?

My question would be about the other wires attached to the charging receptacle. Do I leave the black wire going to the controller (or wherever it goes) or do I need to move it to the pack negative?
Jack Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2021, 12:31 PM   #12
dawgfan316
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
I believe I have got it figured out. I had to remove my reducer and its wiring harness from the front of the cart, and hooked up the pos and neg wire to the 12v connection on the battery. Lights and USB port working perfect, though they no longer shut off with the key.

The red wire is from the charging receptacle, and I am still thinking about that one. I would rather keep the charger in the garage, probably mounted on the wall instead of being onboard. So once I remove the ring terminals that are connected to the charger, install the oem club car plug that was included in my kit to it, and reconnect the red wire to the 48v positive I think I should be good to go?

My question would be about the other wires attached to the charging receptacle. Do I leave the black wire going to the controller (or wherever it goes) or do I need to move it to the pack negative?

I've been installing the same battery in my cart the last couple days. I'm having the same problem w/ my lights. I had the same blue wire that came off the negative of 1 the 8V batteries in the old configuration. No clue where to put it to get it right. My radio and LEDs underneath work fine.

Also, did you get the battery meter and shunt w/ your battery? if so, did you use it?
dawgfan316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #13
Jack Daniels
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwinj06 View Post
On which batteries were the wires connected to before you took them out? That will determine what voltage you need to reconnect them to. Either 48v or 12v output on the lithium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan316 View Post
I've been installing the same battery in my cart the last couple days. I'm having the same problem w/ my lights. I had the same blue wire that came off the negative of 1 the 8V batteries in the old configuration. No clue where to put it to get it right. My radio and LEDs underneath work fine.

Also, did you get the battery meter and shunt w/ your battery? if so, did you use it?
Put the blue one on the positive 12v positive terminal, clip the bullet plug and put in a ring terminal and put on the 12v negative terminal. I did get the battery meter and shunt but have not done anything with it yet. How did you do your charger? I know the extreme team guys get rave reviews for their help and feedback but I can’t say the same.
Jack Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:46 AM   #14
dawgfan316
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
Put the blue one on the positive 12v positive terminal, clip the bullet plug and put in a ring terminal and put on the 12v negative terminal. I did get the battery meter and shunt but have not done anything with it yet. How did you do your charger? I know the extreme team guys get rave reviews for their help and feedback but I can’t say the same.

I wired my charger for on board. Cut the plug off and wired it to the existing charger port. I originally hooked up the shunt but took it out just to get rid of the clutter. My battery shuts off when i go WOT from a dead stop. I called the other day to ask them about it but haven't gotten a call back yet. Blake did call me back earlier in the week when i was hooking it up. I'm enjoying the battery so far though.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:29 AM   #15
irwinj06
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan316 View Post
I wired my charger for on board. Cut the plug off and wired it to the existing charger port. I originally hooked up the shunt but took it out just to get rid of the clutter. My battery shuts off when i go WOT from a dead stop. I called the other day to ask them about it but haven't gotten a call back yet. Blake did call me back earlier in the week when i was hooking it up. I'm enjoying the battery so far though.
What size battery did you get and install?
irwinj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:53 AM   #16
dawgfan316
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwinj06 View Post
What size battery did you get and install?
I got the 100ah battery. 48V
Old 05-27-2021, 12:09 PM   #17
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hey folks, are there any type of instructions anywhere that help with the installation of the extremeteam lithium batteries? I just ordered mine this week and am trying to get prepared for a good install once the kit arrives. Does the factory charging receptacle get used with the lithium charger or does the new charger plug directly into the pack and the factory receptacle doesn't get used anymore? Can anyone suggest any needed items that are not included in the kit? Like wires, terminals, special tools or even any helpful suggestions to help make the install a bit easier? Thanks guys!
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:07 AM   #18
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCART8A4RE View Post
Hey folks, are there any type of instructions anywhere that help with the installation of the extremeteam lithium batteries? I just ordered mine this week and am trying to get prepared for a good install once the kit arrives. Does the factory charging receptacle get used with the lithium charger or does the new charger plug directly into the pack and the factory receptacle doesn't get used anymore? Can anyone suggest any needed items that are not included in the kit? Like wires, terminals, special tools or even any helpful suggestions to help make the install a bit easier? Thanks guys!
You will put the charger inside your cart battery area. It is a simple 110 vlt plug. You will receive a new receptacle to replace your stock Club car receptacle and use a good extension cord to plug your cart in.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:23 AM   #19
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
You will put the charger inside your cart battery area. It is a simple 110 vlt plug. You will receive a new receptacle to replace your stock Club car receptacle and use a good extension cord to plug your cart in.
Appreciate that info Klubber
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:50 PM   #20
Speedylifsavr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCART8A4RE View Post
Bro...I'm picking mine up tomorrow , come over and help me figure it out!
Speedylifsavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car