lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2020, 11:08 PM   #1
R1Ezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo TXT and Yamaha R1 combo

First off I do know this wont be an easy project. Ive read thru alot of posts and builds finished and unfinished. Rifter seems to be the biggest man of info on here that Ive found so far. Unfortunately alot of his pictures dont show up anymore. There are alot more built carts on here that have given me awesome ideas also, wanna make sure I include everyone!

Onto the start of my build...... its a 95 TXT that I picked up as a roller for $300 and the cart frame is still all black and shiny like it was new. Figured it was a perfect start for the R1 engine/harness I had laying around from a bike I stripped down and parted.

The first thing Im tryin to figure out is how to keep it somewhat low and convert the front suspension to an A arm setup. Ive looked at Jakes stuff but that seems to lift the front. Thought about doin a Raptor front end and graft it in just not sure how low I can keep it. The back suspension, once I figure out the front will get started. I dont expect this to happen over winter as I have a few drag cars I will be working to make sure those are ready for next year. So as I work thru this thing I will add pics as I can. Appreciate any tips from everyone that has done a swap and got it running also
R1Ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 02:10 AM   #2
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo TXT and Yamaha R1 combo

The best front suspension will be a cut off, complete, late sport ATV. Weld the whole assembly on after you figure out the necessary ground clearance vs engine height is required.
Strip the whole cart to the frame. Then mock up the engine with exhaust and airbox.
The cart won't be but so low. Too much engine. Rifter had a box over his Honda engine . That works. But it'll hang out the bottom too. Be sure and consider wheel travel compression when figuring out ground clearance.
Once some idea of engine location is established, level and square up the frame and start fabricating. And you will be doing major fabbing. Must be workmanlike. Your engine will create a dangerous toy.
Be careful! IMHO your dropping too much engine in a cart. It'll only be good for a third of the HP.
Below
Kaw KV700 SRA front welded on an EZGO txt.
FWIW, Kaw KV700 complete rear welded on the other end.
Kaw 750 Brute Force engine.
Best cart I've ever owned.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps