lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2020, 10:04 PM   #1
Tango2020
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 ezgo rxv

So I recently purchased a RXV that I was told was a used 2018. After searching for the date code, it turns out that the cart is a 2012. I asked the dealer about this and was told it’s a 2012 chassis and motor but rebuilt to a 2018. Upon asking about the motor itself, I’m told it’s the original 2012 motor But not to worry because the motor rarely goes out or wears in RXV’s. Aside from feeling extremely deceived I’m wondering if anyone has any advice on the 2012 RXV’s? Seems I remember reading somewhere that anything above a 2013 is fine, but be cautious with the years under that. Anyone have any experience with this year? I’m debating about hauling it back to the shop or just sucking it up and lesson learned. The cart is fine and seems to drive great, just a little bothersome about the minor detail of being a 2012 and not 2018.....
Tango2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2020, 06:16 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 ezgo rxv

Dealer or non dealer this isn't a very honest practice. Big price difference between a 2012 and a 2018.

I hope you got a Curtis controller in your cart if not you really got taken.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:03 AM   #3
Tango2020
Not Yet Wild

How can I tell the difference in the controller?
Old 10-05-2020, 07:17 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The change over from Danaher to Curtis controllers was in 2012. Early 2012 had Danaher and later had Curtis. The metal plate the arrow points to should be black for a Curtis controller. If the plate is silver/grey the cart has a Danaher. Danaher is obsolete and no longer supported. Curtis is what you want.
This cart has 8v batteries so if yours has 12v batteries it will look a little different but the color of the plate indicated by the arrow tells the tale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0444.jpg (367.1 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:26 AM   #5
Tango2020
Not Yet Wild

Thanks kernel, looks like it’s a Danaher controller. I’m in contact with the guy about returning it.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:18 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yeah, you paid for all the newer goodies, like curtis controller, and easily replaced motor encoder, plus 6 years less mileage. And if it still has a danaher controller, they clearly didnt "update" anything to 2018. They use this line on anyone who asks, and you were smart enough to find the info & bust them on their BS. This place you bought from is total scammers, and should be reported. In the automotive industry, it would take only 1 car misrepresented by 6 years to totally end that business.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:08 AM   #7
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry you got scammed by a dishonest shop. I did too. Mine is a 2010 RXV that the rebuilder told me was a 2015 with a 2016 rear body. The cart looked great and runs just fine, but it was very upsetting after I joined this group to learn of the differences between the Danaher and Curtis controllers.

My dealer is getting payback big time as I live in a new community and we have about 500 more homes to build out. So I plaster my experience on our online bulletins when ever some is looking for recommendations for a golf cart dealer.

My cart has been problem free for the most part, and I'm hoping it will stay that way, but I totally understand your disappointment.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #8
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Like I said in your thread where you were deciding on what to get, this dealer is dishonest to put it nicely. Hope u get a resolution that makes you happy, either a full refund or keep the cart and partial refund...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO