lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2020, 09:39 PM   #11
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha R6 engine in 1993 Club Car

Re rear brakes....the YZF has excellent rear brakes...IF the rotor is flat, and the rear caliper and seals are working, and system is properly bled (a real bi+ch). If possible, route the lines so that the connected brake system can be removed as an assembly and bench bled.
Front brakes are a problem. Can you find the YZF 450 front end and graft it on? That's a good way to get good brakes on the front. Any performance disc brake ATV front suspension will work. With enough persuasion. Dont waste time with ATV drum brakes.
What sort of exhaust are you using? Route down thru the floor?
Too bad you don't have the YZF450 engine. Much more compact, and believe it had reverse? Be too easy to line everything up. Exhaust would be easy to route.
Regarding the motor final height. Keep in mind the suspension travel on a YZF450. It moves a lot. Make sure the engine (or exhaust) isn't going to pound the ground. And verify that the drive chain doesn't bind when compressed. Bind the drive chain and it'll rip the engine sprocket off...with the case attached to it. I'd recommend looking at a Yamaha sport ATV and use the sprocket location as a dimensional guide. Same with a YZ MX'r. They are similar dimensionally. The drive sprocket will likely be level with the swingarm when in mid travel. If above or below, it'll cut thru the swingarm.
You got the body looking good!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #12
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

When you do try to bleed out the brake caliper, put a piece of clear fuel line in it about 10” long and zip tie the top of the tube up in the air on the frame... open the bleeder and pump the brakes.... air and fluid will come out, the air rises and the fluid gets sucked back in... pump for a few min and easy peasy brake bleed.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:29 AM   #13
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

I can’t seem to edit my last post... anyway push the clear fuel line onto the bleeder..

Old 10-16-2020, 12:01 AM   #14
Beaulive
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replies, I have forwarded them to my buddy who's doing the build for me. Haven't decided on a exhaust pipe yet, gonna cross that bridge when we get the engine in and ready to go. I still have the factory r6 pipe laying around. The front brakes not sure on yet, I may try and put a yzf front end on it if he doesn't have a better idea.. Here is a few pics of how she sits today. Cut some of the frame out and added some motor mounts and reinforment and got everything mounted up except the engine but its been fitted and ready to drop in. He said he should be done by next month, he only works on it in his spare time for cheap since I'm not in a rush to get it done. Will keep you updated when we get closer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201015_162325.jpg (208.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201015_162313.jpg (206.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201015_162316.jpg (212.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201015_162335.jpg (195.0 KB, 0 views)
Beaulive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:47 PM   #15
JRL
Gone Wild

Use the factory headers. They fit tight against the engine. Very compact.. If you want something special noisy, work from factory collector outlet. I'd have the headers on the engine while figuring out mounts. Same for the airbox. That engine needs All factory electronics and airbox for proper operation. A lot of late scoots require the guages also. Not sure about your R6.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:03 PM   #16
JRL
Gone Wild

Looks like a collection of 6.0 or similar Chebby blocks?

Old 10-18-2020, 06:22 AM   #17
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

Not sure about the R6.. but the R1 will run just fine with air “pods” not the entire air box. The R1 has an exhaust valve (flapper) that you can cut the pulley and shaft off of, but still needs to be connected and tied up some where so it doesn’t send a code. The tachometer will show the rpm for 2 seconds then go to 0 then go to a specific rpm for two seconds to show the engine codes. Like someone stated before the factory header is the easiest place to start with the exhaust. I went through it with a different frame....

Old 10-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #18
JRL
Gone Wild

Carbs will operate with pods and a jet kit. '99 thru '02 R6s are carbed.
Injected R1 and R6s, not so much. FI can be operated without an airbox with considerable mods. It isn't ideal.
2003 and up R6 is FI. Ideal to maintain all stock induction system.
YMMV

Old 10-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #19
JRL
Gone Wild

Just looked back and see that your R6 is Fi.
I'd set that puppy back into the frame and get it running before final cart install.
You'll need all of the OEM fuel system. The fuel pump is critical.

Tags
motorcycle, ninja, race, street bike
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps