lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #51
bkgray115
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Re: Alltrax SR controller install

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Sorry for the delay, I was out for surgery and then came back to the busiest 2 weeks of the year, I buttoned this up and tested on jack stands first as usual. It works. Cart is charging. I will have performance results after the charge and a tease ..... battery guy is bringing an additional CR225 6v battery so I can increase the pack to 42v.

Pics of the completed install. Notice the SR control does bolt to the OEM heat sink with your own 1/4 - 20 bolts or possibly the old controller cover bolts...
The Alltrax solenoid bracket is needed we sell them for $12.50 on the website. Don't forget to add to cart

FYI cable shown on control M- terminal upper left not marked is motor A2
I am so confused your 1N4004 fuse is backwards to every diagram I am looking at. what one is correct?
bkgray115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #52
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkgray115 View Post
I am so confused your 1N4004 fuse is backwards to every diagram I am looking at. what one is correct?
The diode is backwards? I kinda doubt that as this cart has been running for years and years. lol.
Here is how you should install a diode. The banded end goes toward the positive current. That's it. End of instruction
You may be confusing yourself thinking there is only one way to land the small + and - wires . On the MZJ400 the coil ( small wires ) is not polarity sensitive. It can have the + on the right or it can have the + on the left. No matter. All that does matter is that the diode mentioned is installed with the banded end toward the + wire. I sure hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #53
bkgray115
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

OK That's what it is. Looking at the diagrams I thought the pos was on the left Thanks for the reply!
bkgray115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:16 AM   #54
tahco
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I will walk you through install and upgrade of a 99 Ezgo TXT. Stock ranch cart with a cargo box and SW182 shift kit installed 2 years ago.

I choose SR48500, so we could upgrade the motor later. Cart has 2.5 yr old Crown CR225 batteries. I may add one for more speed and torque at 42v.
Here is the users manual. This is as much printed material as you will find on this new control.
Scotty trying to email you and it keeps bouncing. Need to purchase a SW202 and another solenoid.

Thanks.

Tim
tahco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:50 AM   #55
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My gmail email is working. cartsunlimited.net@gmail.com
Old 03-06-2020, 05:28 PM   #56
rjsmeyer
Not Yet Wild

Scotty,

You mention the molex plug. Once the wires are snipped off, I take it these are the black and white wires (the ITS throttle wires?) that go to J5 and J4? And the red is the one that goes to the red terminal in the J1 cluster? But what about the orange - is that even used?

Anyway, I just got the upgrade from you a couple weeks ago for an 1996 EZGo Medalist with a series motor - the upgrade with the 500A controller, 400A solenoid, 2G cables and big contactor. Lots of little pieces involved! It's not looking like I have a lot of leftover pieces, though, so I'm hoping for the best.

Bob

Quote:
First thing i notice is the molex plug with the control wires needs to get cut off and spade terminals put on each of the 4 wires. Note there are 2 short wires here in the harness. The black and red ones, strip the harness jacket back and you will find these 2 wires are only 4-5 inches long. This may work for the smaller solenoid but the 400 super duty solenoid requires more reach. Make new ones about 8-10 inches with 1/4 spade on one end and #10 stud ring terminal on the other.

How is a good time to refresh all the ring terminals on Battery plus and minus. the charger connection is 17 yrs old. Not to mention the stock cable set needs replacing. I was kind of surprised how bad they looked when I pulled them out. Looks like some damage was done to one cable. That's a breakdown waiting to happen.
rjsmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:20 PM   #57
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The white and black are throttle wires J4 and 5 respectively
The red goes to J1 red
The orange goes to J1 blue. This is reduced reverse speed, not needed to run...

See your manual
Old 03-07-2020, 09:08 PM   #58
rjsmeyer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response - I'm trying!

However, the wiring diagram in the manual seems different. First, it doesn't really label which wires are from the OEM/Molex plug. I see the Black and White wires coming from the ITS throttle, and that's consistent with the description in the lower-left corner of the page.

I also see a Red wire coming from the foot switch, which seems like a likely candidate for coming through the OEM plug, but the diagram shows it going to the + solenoid terminal, not to the Red in J1.

Then, the wire that IS shown as going to the Red in J1 comes from the + solenoid terminal. That doesn't seem likely to be the Red in the OEM plug.

So, in the wiring diagram, where does the Red wire in the OEM plug come from? And is it supposed to travel through the + solenoid terminal? What am I missing?

Thanks.
Bob

Quote:
The white and black are throttle wires J4 and 5 respectively
The red goes to J1 red
The orange goes to J1 blue. This is reduced reverse speed, not needed to run...

See your manual
Old 03-09-2020, 03:18 PM   #59
rjsmeyer
Not Yet Wild

Does M- terminal go to A1 or A2? In the manual that came with the parts, the diagram shows M- to A2. The diagram on the separate sheet that came with the parts shows M- to A1.

Also, the longer piece on the contactor (looking from above) seems to connect to B+ in the diagram on the sheet I got with the parts, and the "side connection" next to it goes to A2. In the picture here, though, the "side connection" goes to A2, and the longer piece is connected to A1.

Is it possible that the two terminals on the contactor - and the A1 and A2 on the motor - are interchangeable?

Bob

Quote:

Pics of the completed install. Notice the SR control does bolt to the OEM heat sink with your own 1/4 - 20 bolts or possibly the old controller cover bolts...
The Alltrax solenoid bracket is needed we sell them for $12.50 on the website. Don't forget to add to cart

FYI cable shown on control M- terminal upper left not marked is motor A2
Old 03-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #60
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I assume you are asking about a SW202 reversing contactor, not the solenoid.
Please email me for any help with this install. I'll will respond much quicker there to your questions with whatever is needed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO