lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #31
morrow21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

When adding a battery to go from 36 to 42 with this setup, are there any changes that need to be made to either the controller, charger, switch etc?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
morrow21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax SR controller install

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow21 View Post
When adding a battery to go from 36 to 42 with this setup, are there any changes that need to be made to either the controller, charger, switch etc?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
With the SR control and the MZJ400 super solenoid there was a need to up size the precharge resistor only from 250 Ω to 470Ω. This is because the control is 36 to 48 volt compatible and so is the MZJ400 solenoid. Note not all solenoids are capable of multiple voltage operation.
The higher voltage charger actually passes lower amperage. Amperage is the determining factor in a conductors capability, so the charge receptacle and charge wires were okay for the higher voltage, whether it is 42 or 48v

We are now offering SR technology in our Club Car Conversion kits.
I hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #33
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The OEM solenoid bracket will work for the SR400 and 200 solenoid.
For the SR500 and 400 solenoid I'm using the Alltrax solenoid bracket designed specifically for the 400 solenoid and taller profile SR500. The fan adds a little height.

For controller set up I plugged it into the laptop with usb1 to usb2 cable below. Update software version 2.1.8 is needed if you have the original version, available at Alltraxinc.com
My control came set for 0-5k throttle, this is the default setting. My cart is Ezgo ITS. I had to go into tools and enable throttle selections. Once that was done throttle selection was simple from a drop down menu.

I will be programming each control before they ship.
I can set throttle selection for you is you let me know what you need.
Hey Scottyb I believe mine is setup for the 0-5k throttle as well. I have an 06 ezgo pds so shouldn't it be set to ITS as well?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MillwrightMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #34
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ezgo pds would be an ITS throttle input.
It's easy to change in the user program if needed.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #35
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

bump
Old 01-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #36
Chevy072
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Anyone have pictures of a club car ds install of the SR controller. Dang just realized this is an ezgo thread and not a general one
Chevy072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:19 PM   #37
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ezgo install bump
Old 03-21-2017, 11:54 PM   #38
Cgainer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
With the SR control and the MZJ400 super solenoid there was a need to up size the precharge resistor only from 250 Ω to 470Ω. This is because the control is 36 to 48 volt compatible and so is the MZJ400 solenoid. Note not all solenoids are capable of multiple voltage operation.
The higher voltage charger actually passes lower amperage. Amperage is the determining factor in a conductors capability, so the charge receptacle and charge wires were okay for the higher voltage, whether it is 42 or 48v

We are now offering SR technology in our Club Car Conversion kits.
I hope this helps.
Have a 36 volt system now. In a year or so when batteries go out plan to upgrade to a 48 volt system (6 8v batteries). Seems like I would just need to swap a solenoid, would that be it? thanks
BTW install looks great.
Cgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:37 AM   #39
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If the controller is ready for 48v (stock controller is not good for 48v), you need 48v batteries, 48v charger, and a solenoid that is good for 48v. Another thing to consider, your lights (if you have them) need a 12v supply. On a stock 36v ezgo, they were supplied by "tapping into" the pack to get 12v from 2 of your 6v batteries. That isn't going to be quite the same with 6x 8v batteries. Your best choice to supply your 12v lights (if you have them, or will in the future) is a dc convertor to "step down" 48v to 12v for the lights & accessories. There are many sources for them, but steer clear of the $15 eBay special (it's junk). ScottyB offers one that has a good record of reliability (www.cartsunlimited.net).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:16 AM   #40
stuball56
Not Yet Wild

Great post. I am having trouble installing my controller/solenoid/f/r switch. Where exactly are the blue and green wires connected? And the orange is directly to solenoid? I have forward and reverse, although they are reversed. Also my solenoid gets very hot???
As it is now, I also have no key function, the cart is "live" whether the key is on or not.
stuball56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO