lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Edge650
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default E-ZGO or Ruff & Tuff

I am new to the forum and have some questions I have a 2007 Ruff & Tuff and a 2007 Club Car Precedent, the precedent is lifted w/ 23" tires and 12" wheels. I am wanting to lift my Ruff & Tuff and add some seat covers, but I can find anything for Ruff & Tuffs! I have herd that Ezgo lifts and seat covers will work is this True? If so what year model EZGO is most like the Ruff & Tuff? Thanks for your help!
Edge650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Edge650
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: E-ZGO or Ruff & Tuff

No one has any idea?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have a Ruff & Tuff and several EZGOs. The body looks like each other, I've seen that the rear seat kits for ezgo will fit RT's. Not much elce is the same. I have the 4x4 hunter and it's pretty jacked up already with oversize tires.
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
Edge650
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarcusy View Post
I have a Ruff & Tuff and several EZGOs. The body looks like each other, I've seen that the rear seat kits for ezgo will fit RT's. Not much elce is the same. I have the 4x4 hunter and it's pretty jacked up already with oversize tires.
Ok thanks, My Ruff & Tuff is 2 wheel drive w/ the straight front axle it has 22" tires on it now but thought about lifting it more.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
Edge650
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I find it hard to believe out of everybody on this site no one knows anything about a Ruff & Tuff!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Post some pics along with drive system info. I personally had never heard of a Ruff n' Tuff before seeing this thread. Is it an upgraded EZGO like a Bad Boy Buggy or something?
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
PBB
Getting Wild

I was a Ruff-nTuff dealer for a few years. Ruff-n-Tuff has since gotten out of the business of selling carts, but they have started a new accessories division called RT Gear. The EZ-GO TXT seat kits will fit a Ruff-n-Tuff. I still get accessories and parts from RT to fit EZ-GO's too. To answer your question, I am not aware of a lift kit for the 2WD RT cruiser. You might consider looking into making your own blocks for the rear and making a lift for the front. The RT carts were actually made in China. Hope this has been of help. Let me know if there is anything else I might can help you with. It's been about 4 years since I fooled with one, but my brother in law and father in law still both have 2wd cruisers as well.

PBB
PBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Edge650
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the help! I will try and get some pics up soon.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I was told thet ruff & tuff is now rugged electric vehicles (REV) and they are selling the RT now.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
Ruff n tuff Girl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBB View Post
I was a Ruff-nTuff dealer for a few years. Ruff-n-Tuff has since gotten out of the business of selling carts, but they have started a new accessories division called RT Gear. The EZ-GO TXT seat kits will fit a Ruff-n-Tuff. I still get accessories and parts from RT to fit EZ-GO's too. To answer your question, I am not aware of a lift kit for the 2WD RT cruiser. You might consider looking into making your own blocks for the rear and making a lift for the front. The RT carts were actually made in China. Hope this has been of help. Let me know if there is anything else I might can help you with. It's been about 4 years since I fooled with one, but my brother in law and father in law still both have 2wd cruisers as well.

PBB
I desperately need to hear from someone that knows something about ruff n tuff. Will you go to my thread and see if you can offer me any advice on my problem? Thanks so much...
Ruff n tuff Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-zgo, e-zgo lift, lifted cart, ruff & tuff, seat covers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts