lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 CC Precedent

Thanks Colbyntx. It was that obvious and I missed it. I appreciate it much.

ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Colbyntx,... I took a closer look today at the gap between the batteries in the tub. There appears to be a large plastic block inserted at the rear of the gap in the bottom and this block holds the bottom of the 12 volt battery rigid in place. It also appears to be removeable so there would then be more open space. However, as part of the bucket there is a thin staggared blade or stiffner that runs from back to front in the bottom of the tub and stands up about 2-3". It looks to be molded into the bucket but it also could be broken out. It would need to be removed to fit all 6 batteries in place. It appears that Club Car designed the bucket to accomodate either 4-12 or 6-8 configuration. I met a guy on the golf course today with a 2009 CC Precedent and his cart came new with 6-8 volt batteries. I only got a quick look to see the 6 batteries.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #13
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Colbyntx,...OK I took the pictures showing the part that holds the base of the 12 volt batteries fixed in place. It appears it is removable and if removed it should provide space for 3 8volt batteries, without having to break or remove the center divider. The added length for one side would be 2-3/4" and the 2 12Volt batteries are 15-3/4" right now so the total would be 18-1/2" space. I'm not sure how much space 3-8Volt unit take. I looking for a way to included 3 images. The total tub,..the bottom brace,...and the center divider.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #14
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Colbyntx,...Well I think I finally got the pictures loaded so we will see if I did it right.

The first picture is of the total tub and all 4 12Volt batteries. You can see the controller at the rear.

[IMG][/IMG]

The next image is of the "Brace" or large plastic part that holds the 12 Volt batteries tight in place at the bottom of the tub.

[IMG][/IMG]

The last picture is of the center divider part that I do not believe can be removed,..and I don't think it needs to be removed, since I believe that there should be space for the 8 volt batteries once the brace is removed. Hopefully someone with the 8 volt system can confirm this.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, that is the correct box to hold 4-12's or 6-8's! When you replace the batteries I would get the 8v's. It will have 2 on the left, 2 on the right and 2 in the center.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #16
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Colbyntx,... I though you would like the pictures,..thow I don't know how to just make them a thumbnail image. I'll work on that. I'm hoping that things work out with these 12 volt units. I talked to the Cluib Car dealer today and I found out some very interesting dirt. Club Car and Torjan are sueing each other and it has been a nasty divorce. CC has switch back over to 8 volt batteries and now installs US battery in all carts and even sends out US batt for warranty. It turns out the 12 volt trojan were not lasting more the 2 years on fleet carts and CC was Trojan blamed it all on the Curtix Controller-charger, eventually all three were at each others throat and lawyers were everywhere. It is also not sure just how well the US batts are doing with the Curtix charger. I have already mentioned in other posts that my Vector 12 volt car charger does a much better job charging individual batteries than what the Club Car can do. It doesn't seem to charge nearly long enough and my car charger will run for 5-6 hours at 10.1 amp. When it is done the battery is fully charged. Because the car charger can work on the 12 volt batteries, and because it has other key functions built in such as De-sulfate and Equalize plus I have the choice to charge a 2, 10, or 25 amps. We will see how this works over the next year.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #17
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Colbyntx,... I though you would like the pictures,..thow I don't know how to just make them a thumbnail image. I'll work on that. I'm hoping that things work out with these 12 volt units. I talked to the Cluib Car dealer today and I found out some very interesting dirt. Club Car and Torjan are sueing each other and it has been a nasty divorce. CC has switch back over to 8 volt batteries and now installs US battery in all carts and even sends out US batt for warranty. It turns out the 12 volt trojan were not lasting more the 2 years on fleet carts and CC was Trojan blamed it all on the Curtix Controller-charger, eventually all three were at each others throat and lawyers were everywhere. It is also not sure just how well the US batts are doing with the Curtix charger. I have already mentioned in other posts that my Vector 12 volt car charger does a much better job charging individual batteries than what the Club Car can do. It doesn't seem to charge nearly long enough and my car charger will run for 5-6 hours at 10.1 amp. When it is done the battery is fully charged. Because the car charger can work on the 12 volt batteries, and because it has other key functions built in such as De-sulfate and Equalize plus I have the choice to charge a 2, 10, or 25 amps. We will see how this works over the next year.
I am buying new US batteries for my 05 CC (4) 12v and have heard good things about them. I also head that CC uses Crown batteries but not sure?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #18
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a set of US 12v's in my precedent and like them so far but they are only about 6 months old. My Trojans crapped out at 2.5 years and Trojan blammed it on the OBC! My OBC and charger seems to charge these US batteries perfectlly.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #19
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Erict,... Yes I have heard the same thing about the Crown. However a CC dealer told me yesterday that Crown does not make +12 volt batteries??? Also he said they can only get them directly from CC as warranty replacements. They have no dealer out here and he feels that their quality and durability have not been demonstrated yet.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #20
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Colbyntx,... I took a closer look today at the gap between the batteries in the tub. There appears to be a large plastic block inserted at the rear of the gap in the bottom and this block holds the bottom of the 12 volt battery rigid in place. It also appears to be removeable so there would then be more open space. However, as part of the bucket there is a thin staggared blade or stiffner that runs from back to front in the bottom of the tub and stands up about 2-3". It looks to be molded into the bucket but it also could be broken out. It would need to be removed to fit all 6 batteries in place. It appears that Club Car designed the bucket to accomodate either 4-12 or 6-8 configuration. I met a guy on the golf course today with a 2009 CC Precedent and his cart came new with 6-8 volt batteries. I only got a quick look to see the 6 batteries.

You won't have to be removing anything i'm pretty sure. With the 8v's, they will be turned the oppsite direction of your 12's and the 2 in the middle will be the same direction that the 12's are now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car