lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post
Test Post Test your Sig, Avatar, or images here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #1871
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1970 to 1990's Marathon explained - Manual

The only differences between the 87, and 88, are the carburetor, exhaust, and front cowl. Use the 85 manual for everything except the wiring. The 87 has an extra microswitch that the 85 doesn't.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 85-EZGO(2) (1).pdf (6.71 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf 1988 EZGO Marathon Owner's Manual.pdf (6.82 MB, 0 views)
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2020, 03:12 PM   #1872
pastor@southwestbaptist.o
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default O-I_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor@southwestbaptist.o View Post
It seems that the rear differential on my EZGO TXT has rotated!

It seems that the rear differential on my EZGO TXT has rotated! I have tried looking at diagrams online but have not been able to determine what keeps it in place on the axle tubes?

Can anyone shed any light on the situation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200820_160024.jpg (198.8 KB, 0 views)
pastor@southwestbaptist.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:19 AM   #1873
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default O-I_C

Hi Gang,

I just picked up a 2006 CC modified by ACG to look like a H3 Hummer. The differential was recently serviced by a local golf cart sales/service company.

On my first real test drive some unusual things happened. While driving about 15 mph the cart suddenly stopped. I’m assuming the brakes (I’m thinking the right side (rear obviously)) locked up and stopped the cart suddenly. I do not remember if I was accelerating or coasting. I do know that I WAS NOT pressing on the brake at the time. After I came to a stop I was unable to go forward via the accelerator and unable to push the cart forward. In desperation I put it in reverse, it moved with some grinding/rubbing sound, similar to brakes badly dragging. I then put it in forward and it moved with a little grinding/rubbing sound but was able to get to speed. The sound eventually went away.

As I continued to drive The sound would reappear sometimes when in reverse, sometimes when in forward. When the sound reappeared going forward I would drive a little in reverse, stop then go forward and the sound would go away. When I heard the sound in reverse (again it reminded me of dragging brakes), I would switch direction to forward and NOT hear the noise.

When I got it home I visually checked under the cart. The differential/motor looked clean as did the brake area. However, under close inspection I did notice a missing bolt that attaches the wheel to the axle. In the below diagram it is the bolt labeled #11 but bottom towards the back. Also see the photo below to see the missing bolt. The third photo is of the top of the right rear wheel. I visually checked the U bolts, they looked ok, however I did NOT take a wrench to them to see how tight they were. The cart is slightly lifted but that was done by ACG who modified the cart in 2006.

I plan on removing the right rear wheel and hope to find a brake shoe problem, but I was curious what the brain trust here thought.

Thanks for your help
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:07 PM   #1874
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Series Cart Killing Pedal Micro Switches?

Might be the new microswitch went bad really quick. There is only a little bitty spring that closes the N.C. contacts. (See attached cutaway image)

Can you measure the amps being drawn by the solenoid coil?

It is going to spark when you connect the ammeter between the red and green pedal switch wires, so I'd add a throwaway clip lead to the test lead and save the test lead tip. If you have a meter that has a peak hold or Min/Max function, you could capture the initial amps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Microswitch- 600x750 with labels - edited.JPG (46.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:33 PM   #1875
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO TXT, Predator 670 Swap, Throttle Linkage

While I don't have a Predator 670, the Vanguard is very similar. I hated the stock throttle linkage with the springs and rods and governor etc. It just had so much slop and never worked well for me. I did end up swapping to the Mikuni carb, which was well worth the cost and effort. Here is a video of my bell crank throttle setup prototype. It actually worked very well, much more accurate throttle feel. The aluminum plate bolts in place of the factory throttle linkages, I made it bolt in so I could go back if I wanted. Since then I have made the setup better, but same concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZyeDKMY40Y
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:16 PM   #1876
mike_d
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Red Baron Motors?

Cart VINs

]He disappeared for the sales pieces, I guess. I did end up getting setup to issue VINs myself, so feel free to drop me a line if you need another.
mike_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #1877
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default O-I_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Ok, I

Ok, I haven't seen anything that really goes through what you will encounter while installing high speed gears in a pre-MCI era gas EZGO. Figured I would post a thread on the install. If I miss something, or if you see something I am off base on, please share for me, and for future builders doing high speed gears.

First, purchased 8:1 gears, plan is to run a stock Predator 670 with a lift and 25 or 26" tires, relatively low RPM, and lots of torque, so the gears should help get some speed out of the cart. Currently, installed the gears and the motor in an unlifted TXT. I know, you can't install the 670 in an unlifted cart. Can't Shmant...I'm doing it. Not gonna have clearance for the seat, and the shift lever needs to move, but its possible for a temporary condition while I am waiting on the lift to show up.
Attachment 208201

First, get the driven clutch off. Take the center bolt and washer out, then slide the clutch off. It is on a spline shaft. Mine was stuck...I used a 2x4 and a BFH (2 lb Hammer) up against the hub of the driven clutch and tapped it....well, hit it pretty good and off it came. Stay on the heavy part of the hub of the clutch...don't want to break it.
Attachment 208203

Get the cart up in the air on jacks so you can get under it.

First, drain the diff oil...there is a drain bolt on the bottom, should be pretty easy to find. Next, get the motor mount off. Unbolt the two u-bolts from the axle, and take out the bolt at the front of the transaxle bracket and it should drop out.
Attachment 208205

Next, remove the brake cables from each side. The manual describes it pretty good, just push the "E" clips off the cable ends, pull the spring back, and slide the cable through the slot in the cable bracket. Super simple.
Attachment 208206

Disconnect the bottom shock nuts from the shock posts, remove the bolts at the ends of the leaf springs, and take the nut off the gear change input shaft. Transaxle should come out at this point. Take off the passenger side tire, and stand the axle up on the end of the driver side wheel and tire.
Attachment 208207

Remove the brake drum....again, mine was stuck. Used a 3 arm gear puller, came off very easy.
Attachment 208208

Unbolt the brake back plate from the axle tube and set it aside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200829_082123.jpg (200.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200829_100538.jpg (171.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200829_082144.jpg (155.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200829_092701.jpg (147.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200829_095503.jpg (180.8 KB, 0 views)
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:48 AM   #1878
rib33024

Default Re: O-I_C

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:48 AM   #1879
rib33024

Old 09-07-2020, 08:48 AM   #1880
rib33024

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post