lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2021, 06:49 AM   #1
BigBlock904
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS rear suspension

I've searched and not gotten too much info. I'm going to do a long travel front end suspension. I've not seen anything to really improve the rear suspension. What options do we have? It's a club car DS.

I was thinking replace the shocks in the back with a little set of coilovers if I can find something that would work. Extend the leafs fully and "help" them. Anyone tried this? Terrible idea?

Just want to be able to do 25 mph down dirt roads and not shake my teeth out.
BigBlock904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2021, 04:47 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS rear suspension

Most long travel suspension kits have blocks for the rear to lift it to match the front.

Coil overs are possible, but it takes a fair amount of modification to make it work.
The rear springs are actually pretty soft once you have a lift and have shocks that are long enough to accommodate the extra lift in the rear.
People use a Monroe shock that is longer that is longer than the stock shock, and helps with the rear suspension travel. (Can’t remember the part number off hand, but it’s posted here somewhere)

If you have a rear seat kit look into “Dual Action” shocks for the rear as they have a more progressive rate than stock, but are not super stiff. They’ll handle the extra weight of passengers on the back, but still ride smooth when not heavily loaded.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:44 PM   #3
BigBlock904
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Most long travel suspension kits have blocks for the rear to lift it to match the front.

Coil overs are possible, but it takes a fair amount of modification to make it work.
The rear springs are actually pretty soft once you have a lift and have shocks that are long enough to accommodate the extra lift in the rear.
People use a Monroe shock that is longer that is longer than the stock shock, and helps with the rear suspension travel. (Can’t remember the part number off hand, but it’s posted here somewhere)

If you have a rear seat kit look into “Dual Action” shocks for the rear as they have a more progressive rate than stock, but are not super stiff. They’ll handle the extra weight of passengers on the back, but still ride smooth when not heavily loaded.

Awesome thank you! I'll check it out
BigBlock904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:07 PM   #4
willey91
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What long travel front suspension are you putting on?
willey91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car