lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
jason13
Not Yet Wild

Default replacement bulbs for headlights

I have a 2014 G29 with these headlights. cannot find a name brand of headlights. does anybody know if there are led replacement bulbs.IMG_0261.jpg
jason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2021, 11:15 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: replacement bulbs for headlights

There is not that I know of. H3 bulbs have too small of a base to fit most good leds into. But, if you wanna try, "H3" is the standardized name of its bulb type.

They originally had 55w halogen bulbs, but later went to 35w crappier bulbs from the factory as replacement lamps. I'm not sure why they did that, they didnt have "melting problems" for the headlamp bulbs. And you can totally buy 100w "H3" halogen bulbs that would fit just fine. (I've never tried that, but it is an option at the auto parts store).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:32 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I tried some LED bulbs and they did not work well at all in these headlights. I could not find any that were the proper size that put the light at the focal point of the lens. I ended up replacing the whole assemblies with LED units that I found on Ebay. There are several available now that look similar to the ones I got four years ago. The halogen bulbs are not very bright and the LED units I got are much brighter.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I tried some LED bulbs and they did not work well at all in these headlights. I could not find any that were the proper size that put the light at the focal point of the lens. I ended up replacing the whole assemblies with LED units that I found on Ebay. There are several available now that look similar to the ones I got four years ago. The halogen bulbs are not very bright and the LED units I got are much brighter.
Yep, I agree, but I've never seen a "bolt in replacement" that was super impressive that also didnt crap out quickly. Those ones you see with 4 leds didnt initially impress me much for light output, and I've replaced many of them that had "burned out leds" (actually burned out china power supplies inside the lamp, not "fixable", just "replace the entire lamp"). Well, I guess they are cheap, if you can get the lamp without buying a whole new light kit.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:06 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

They do exist. Google "led replacement for h3 halogen". Some are not terribly expensive if you really want to give it a try. That said, I agree with the others that your long term best bet is finding replacement headlight fixtures that are MADE to be LED. Try to buy from a reputable business rather than the cheapest no-name you can find on Amazon or where ever. I've seen way too many of the cheapies drop elements in a short period of time.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:23 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I tried an H3 replacement. Did not work well at all. The replacement headlight fixtures with LED's that I got work great and I have had them for over 4 years now. Much brighter than the stock halogen ones. Look exactly the same and screwed into the same holes in the body. They are available separately without the tail lights.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha