lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #1
Bentley Meredith
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Help with accelerator petal issues 2011 G29.

Tried searching but was unable to find any threads. Was not even sure how to phrase the search. I have a 2011 G29 that I updated to lithium batteries about a year ago. I do not think the issue has anything to do with that, just an FYI in case it might. I just noticed in last 48 hours that I have no "control" of my accretor. Meaning it is 100% power or it is nothing. The pedal is working fine, it has nice range of motion, it just seems like I used to be abled to go various speeds, like in an auto. Now it seems all or nothing. As I said, just out of the blue. I am not a real mechanical type person, but I do try and fix my stuff when possible. i.e. I am a Cheap Screw. Anyone have any suggestions?
Bentley Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2021, 01:42 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Help with accelerator petal issues 2011 G29.

Either your throttle position sensor is bad or your controller is bad. If you know what you are doing, you can unplug and test the throttle position sensor.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:33 PM   #3
Bentley Meredith
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have no idea what either one is, or where they are located, but now I have a place to start trouble shooting!

Thank you so much! Sorry that all I do is take from this site, but as you can see, I have no knowledge in this area!
Old 04-29-2021, 02:47 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You then need to find some experienced help. It's not that hard but again, you need to have some knowledge of how these things work to fix this kind of problem. Not sure where you are located but if you let us know, maybe someone can point you to someone that can help.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:58 PM   #5
Bentley Meredith
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Not sure if by help you mean a dealer? Them I got plenty of, trying to avoid them for the sake of my wallet!

I am about 60 miles south of DC. Great video's on youtube about how to replace both the sensor and the controller. The sensor I know I would have no issues replacing. Pretty sure I could also do the controller.

I will start with the sensor. Now comes the part where I learn how to test to see which one is bad. When you speak of testing the sensor, are you referring to doing it with some thing like a multimeter? That I will have trouble with, have never understood them. But have a friend who is an auto mechanic that probably can help me if that is the case. Or is there another way?

Any recommendations on what sensor/controller to get and where to get them?
Old 04-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Try your friend if He knows how to diagnose a throttle position sensor - that is what you are dealing with for the pedal sensor. It's basically a potentiometer. Use of a multimeter is required. You might be throwing money away if you guess at what is the problem. Controllers are about $500. The pedal sensor will run around $100 if I had to guess. Replacing them isn't hard but diagnosing the problem requires skills that you say you don't have.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:37 PM   #7
Bentley Meredith
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks again for all the help.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The sensor on a Ydre must be tested "dynamically" (meaning plugged in & being powered by the cart). Its a 0-5v range hall-effect sensor (real value should be more like 0.45v-4.7v). An ohm test on the sensor is pretty meaningless, because every meter would give a different result on that type of sensor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #9
Bentley Meredith
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you also for the input. As usual, literally the day I ordered the sensor (at $35 on Amazon I rolled the dice) the cart started working fine again.

Truly par for the course. A Day late and a Dollar short!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha