lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2021, 11:06 AM   #1
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 12v from factory reducer and not from the fuse block

anyone know which wires will be the positive and negative from the voltage reducer to run an accessory. I have run from the fuse block (switched), but now i want to run something directly from the reducer. Any insight before i start messing around down there?
Miamidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2021, 11:52 AM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: 12v from factory reducer and not from the fuse block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamidad View Post
anyone know which wires will be the positive and negative from the voltage reducer to run an accessory. I have run from the fuse block (switched), but now i want to run something directly from the reducer. Any insight before i start messing around down there?
First, when you say "switched"...it sounds like you're saying that the fuse block is switched and you want to run directly from the reducer instead...implying that it is not switched? Or maybe I'm reading too far into your statement, but either way the reducer is switched as well.

The fuse block is directly from the reducer. If I recall, the thicker red wire that goes into the fuse block under the cupholders and it runs under the right (PS) side of the cart by the frame in corrugated tubing right to the reducer along with a black wire.

If you lay on your back under the front of the cart and look up with a light, you should be able to see the thicker red wire going right to the block.

The black wire I think actually ended up terminating at the USB port, but it's got a few things split off of it.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thanks for clearing that up. I did not realize that the reducer itself is switched. if that is the case, then i just need to order a new reducer and connect to batteries.

I am looking to wire a small sound bar between the front and rear seat, but want to be able to leave it on, on occasion. Thank you....you're the man.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:29 PM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamidad View Post
thanks for clearing that up. I did not realize that the reducer itself is switched. if that is the case, then i just need to order a new reducer and connect to batteries.

I am looking to wire a small sound bar between the front and rear seat, but want to be able to leave it on, on occasion. Thank you....you're the man.
No problem. I'm sure you're already planning on this, but just in case, I'd suggest having a switch somewhere for the second reducer...you don't want to end up forgetting and killing the batteries.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:57 PM   #5
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

absolutely going to have its own switch...thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon