lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2021, 10:06 PM   #11
dejongchad
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2014 electric G29 need for speed help!

Thanks for all the feedback. I don’t have headlights on the cart and was told you need them to do speed code. I am leaning towards new batteries and speed controller. Already have 12” rims, so that part is covered. What’s everyone’s thoughts on lithium’s?
dejongchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2021, 06:21 AM   #12
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have never heard anything about needing headlights on a cart to put in a speed code I do them almost every day lol...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:55 AM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I think that is true also here in Arizona. Adding the 19mph code makes it a PTV which is supposed to have lights. Virtually all of the carts here in Rio Verde have lights and turn signals.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:40 AM   #14
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wow that's crazy...I can see if you are getting it street legal you would def have to have lights...but FL doesn't require any cart to have anything for personal use...I can see how that would restrict dealers from doing it for liability maybe in some states.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I think in Az, seatbelts are also required on PTV's. Both of mine came with seatbelts, one is a 2010, other is a 2012. The 2010 was purchased when you could get the big energy credit if the vehicle met certain criteria. It had to be converted to 8x6V batteries to meet the range requirements. I just bought this cart, fixed it up, and converted it to Lithium.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:44 AM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Wow that's crazy...I can see if you are getting it street legal you would def have to have lights...but FL doesn't require any cart to have anything for personal use...I can see how that would restrict dealers from doing it for liability maybe in some states.
As a fellow yamaha dealer, you must need a refresher course on PTV speed codes. Yamaha set that rule regarding required equipment, in compliance with ANSI & GCMA standards of what a "PTV' is. There are generally 3 levels, a "golf cart", a "PTV", and a "LSV", with each having more stringent equipment requirements than the prior. (Yamaha doesnt offer a LSV, or any that go 20+ mph as configured at the factory)

Every time you order a speed code through the YDS bookstore portal (if that's how you order yours), you are checking a box certifying all required equipment is present, with potential punishments from yamaha if they wanted to get you.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:48 AM   #17
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hmm interesting...maybe not such a big deal here because every cart that goes to the villages already has lights and all that due to the requirements for the area so I've never really worried about it... good to know though...
Old 04-23-2021, 08:54 AM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'm sure that dealers have to be aware of liability issues if they mod carts - especially if they increase their speed. As an individual, I feel like I can do what I want and it's up to me to be safe about it. I don't want my cart to go any faster than 20-25mph with only rear brakes.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #19
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Indeed at the EZ-Go dealership I started out at they actually had customers sign a liability waiver If the cart went over 20 mph and was lifted...we don't require that here but it still seems like a good idea to this day.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:14 PM   #20
nelly1052
Getting Wild

I also used the AllTrax 400 amp controller. Works great with stock motor and wheels. Goes 22 mph. Max engine rpm is 6000. Looking for deal on 20" wheels. Should get a couple more mph, and that's all I need. You can program Altrax yourself. I was going to take it to Yamaha for programing but figured to rent a trailer and cost of programing was not much less that the cost of the controller. They could not even guarantee 19 mph. Said probably 17 more like it.
nelly1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha