lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2021, 09:21 PM   #1
JPrice
Not Yet Wild

Default Adding a reverse buzzer to a 78 HD 4 wheeler

Hi guys, I have been restoring a 78 Harley 4 wheeler cart (gas) over the winter and it is almost ready to go. Electrically I have added head and tail lights, and a digital voltage display. All of it works great and now I am hoping to add a reverse buzzer, but I'm not sure if can get it to work the way I would like. I would like it to buzz while in the reverse position / key on ,AND before pressing the accelerator (that way you know your in reverse before stepping on the gas). By taking some voltage readings, it appears that the forward/ reverse switch does not have any power to it until the accelerator switch is engaged, so I can't connect it there as is. Is there a way of adding some additional wiring to the forward/reverse switch so it will sound a buzzer without having to step on the accelerator (only when key is in the on position of coarse)? I would appreciate any feedback/ ideas on this. Thanks!
JPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2021, 11:13 AM   #2
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Adding a reverse buzzer to a 78 HD 4 wheeler

I would install a roller actuated microswitch under the reverse section of the direction switch lever. Wired as necessary for voltage at some convenient location.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:29 PM   #3
JPrice
Not Yet Wild

Thanks tew45, I got thinking about a plunger style switch but also was thinking that the reverse lever would have to be pushed all the way to its limit each and every time for it to work properly. The roller style switch you suggested would likely have a more consistant result. I'll see if I can track one down.
JPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #4
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I eliminated the F/R lever due to a shoulder surgery at the time, so it was difficult for me to reach the lever. Instead I installed a toggle switch within easy reach and installed solenoids to act as the F/R lever. This allowed me to wire a back-up warning horn that would come on every time I put it in reverse.

Here's a link to my build thread and the F/R switch is post #30
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=120028
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson