lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Solenoid

I am working on an electric 1972 harley cart. Each battery bank measures 18 volts. At the motor I get 36 volts on all terminals except reverse terminal and 36 on it when in reverse. When I depress the accelerator the voltage drops to 15 volts at the motor. It runs but not very well. Any ideas on what may be wrong?
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #2
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Solenoid

Probably a weak ground connection!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:46 PM   #3
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:38 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

You're in the gas HD section and should be in the electric. We'll help you out, though.

You probably have a battery or two dropping out under load. In other words, your pack is measuring 36v when at rest but as soon as your cart calls for more current the batteries can't deliver it.

Google "load test golf cart batteries" and you will find a lot of information / videos about how to load test. You only need a voltage meter.

Those HD electrics are very simple carts. If your batteries test good then go over every connection and make them shiny bright. Apply some dielectric grease to the connections as well.

If that doesn't work then replace all of the large cables on your cart.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson