lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
Jrose137
Not Yet Wild

Default HD 1979-1981 MG IV arcing when connecting negative terminal.

I have a HD 1979-1981 MG IV . It was in pretty rough shape but I had it running a few days ago. It wasn't getting full voltage to the motor in 4th gear so I started by taking apart the left and right motor diodes, the speed switch and wiper arm assembly. I tested all the components and I am pretty sure they all were good. I had already checked all the solenoids and they are good . Once finished I cleaned them all up (lots of corrosion) and reassembled per the wiring diagram on the other post, I also have the service manual. Now when I go to reconnect the negative battery terminal on the right side of the cart I get a major arc. I'm just looking or any help as to what the issue could be. So far I have literally checked the wiring 6 times. All wires are intact and connected to the correct places. No broken connections or accidental grounds. When I disconnect the wires going to left side motor diode, the arc does not happen. Is it possible that diode is bad or blew when I reconnected everything? Any help or next steps are greatly appreciated!
Jrose137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
Jrose137
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: HD 1979-1981 MG IV arcing when connecting negative terminal.

Just an update. Found the short on the heat shrink. Got it all sorted out.
Jrose137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson