lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #21
joekapp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Allied Lithium drop in batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
How about using one of the Victron meters. I have the BMV-702 with the additional bluetooth dongle but the BMV-712 has bluetooth built in. I'm using mine with Lead Acid but NoleFan4Ever uses his with his Lithium setup (he put me onto them).

More info at http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-install.html
I just made a post about this before I saw this thread. I think I am going to purchase for my Allied Lithiums.
joekapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #22
joekapp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020is View Post
I have had them installed for a week or so now with the only use being top speed runs around the neighborhood because it makes me smile!!! Don’t have a handle on the runtime and such so far but the power seems to be adequate and top speed around 32mph on the cart(have not installed top or rear seat yet).

Need to make sure I understand the issue mentioned above with the provided meter and take care of these batteries, I need them to last a long time!
I have the 80AH ones recently installed and I have yet to test distance. I have stock everything at 19MPH, but looking to go to Alltrax 500 and PLum Quick motor, so I am interested in your results for distance.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:57 AM   #23
2020is
Not Yet Wild

I am noticing that the meter supplied with the batteries drops significantly when I first park the cart and look at it but rebounds back up to a higher number as it sits a few minutes. For instance after a Drive last night I looked immediately when parked and it showed 37% but was back at 90% this morning. Does this seem normal? Did not have a battery meter on cart previously.
2020is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #24
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020is View Post
I am noticing that the meter supplied with the batteries drops significantly when I first park the cart and look at it but rebounds back up to a higher number as it sits a few minutes. For instance after a Drive last night I looked immediately when parked and it showed 37% but was back at 90% this morning. Does this seem normal? Did not have a battery meter on cart previously.
I can tell you that my Leaf batteries do not do this. Maybe change a couple % at most. I get very little "sag" while running as well.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #25
joekapp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I see the same thing with my Allied batteries. It will drop down drastically then rebound. I really need to get the Victron meter installed. I don’t trust the supplied meter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #26
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekapp View Post
I see the same thing with my Allied batteries. It will drop down drastically then rebound. I really need to get the Victron meter installed. I don’t trust the supplied meter.

I think I'd do the same thing. Lithium voltages sag very little compared to fla. Shouldn't show that much of a drop
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:53 AM   #27
qtiger
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Same here. Separate voltage meter and Allied's meter both show voltage drops, then rebound after several minutes.

I got a different cheap meter from Amazon, that is LifePo4 specific. I'll see how it performs this week.

I'm still debating getting the Victron or any decent monitor. They're always on, draining the batteries. Not a huge deal, but if a cheap meter can give me SOC that is at least in the ballpark, I may stick with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekapp View Post

qtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #28
relcead
Not Yet Wild

Hey, i ordered simalar LIFEPO4 in China on Alibaba. The seller knew about the meter issue:

"One question,do you need the LED display installed on the top of the battery?
We can add it for free if you need, but the SOC on the display is just an estimate,which is not accurate."
relcead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #29
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm interested to see what you folks find once you try new meters.

It's my understanding that one of the benefits of lithium over FLA batteries, is they do not sag near as much as FLAs. In addition, they recover from sagging much quicker than FLAs.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:17 AM   #30
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I doubt that changing meters will have any influence on the voltage variation you are seeing. Meters do not tend to drift like that.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car