lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2021, 06:05 AM   #31
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Reverse Engineering a Home Built Cart

I've installed a bunch of that lift and they send the bolts and back bracket to install when you drill the lower hole that is right behind the upper shock mount.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2021, 06:20 AM   #32
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3rb3ru5 View Post
....bent the shock mounting tab like a pretzel. so word of caution on the 4" lift kits,they don't take a bump at all!

I do have the 6" mounts from another kit. I didn't use em because I'll need to hack away more welded on plates, but you live and learn.
I dunno if you can weld, or have access to someone who can weld, but you may consider bending that mount back and weld up both sides of it. (Which frankly should have been done the first time from the factory....but you know....cost savings per unit 'n all )
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:14 AM   #33
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Most people don't have welders so that's why the other hole is there.
The procedure is to Install the bracket using the slotted bolt hole, reassemble and adjust to get the cart level.
Then go back and drill the lower hole for the bolt behind the shock.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:13 AM   #34
C3rb3ru5
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Most people don't have welders so that's why the other hole is there.
The procedure is to Install the bracket using the slotted bolt hole, reassemble and adjust to get the cart level.
Then go back and drill the lower hole for the bolt behind the shock.

Yes, that was actually done, it still just bend the rest like paper.
I modified a rear lift kit that was square tubing and it's holding up much better. I'll get pictures later.
C3rb3ru5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:03 PM   #35
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3rb3ru5 View Post
on today's installment of Cerberus's wild ride....

Still awaiting new tie rods, but I got everything setup with some I had lying around. New chainsaw arrived and I was too excited to wait. decided I'd bob down the train a bit and clear more of my path.

I'm trying to cut a good path into the woods for a campsite, and on a deadline for memorial day.

ANYWHO. I go out last night and things seem ok, but on the way back my passenger tire bottomed out. thought it was odd, but I was on uneven ground and cut hard right, stuff happens right?

Well today I'm out cutting again and thinking man...this ride is bad. Now mind you I'm out here offroading and not looking for a comfy ride at all just noticed it was far different. I take a took and see this!

bent the shock mounting tab like a pretzel. so word of caution on the 4" lift kits,they don't take a bump at all!

I do have the 6" mounts from another kit. I didn't use em because I'll need to hack away more welded on plates, but you live and learn.
If you look at this picture, you can see the hole that needs to have a bolt through it, clearly it doesn't and that's why I stated, drill and mount with upper slotted hole, test and adjust to level cart and then drill the second hole behind the shock tabs. yes, live and learn....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha