lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Chief Limping Horse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 91 club car rev limiter help please!!!!

This is by far the worst engine I have ever encountered in my life! It is slow, unreliable, and hard to find parts for, I have removed the governor but now I can't push the throttle passed half way with out hitting the rev limiter! Like seriously the rev limiter kicks in at like frickin 2 rpm! I hate this engine and now I hate my 91 club car any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chief Limping Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
andys52
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 club car rev limiter help please!!!!

Cut the black wire going to the rev limiter..Problem solved...Cart will run great...don't blow it up
andys52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
illregal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 club car rev limiter help please!!!!

I have to have my governor on for the carb to close properly. The spring on my carb wasn't strong enough to pull it back on its own.

I adjusted the governor by loosening the adjustment bolt, putting the gas pedal to the floor and seeing where it fell (stock configuration), then cranking it up about a quarter inch on the rod and retightening. At stock configuration I was only doing about 11.

I now have nice analog pedal feel (go to far on the adjustment and it gets jerky again). Once it gets up to speed I let off to about half throttle and just keep the motor in its sweet spot. Any incline what so ever you can have it floored, but on a level and any decline you could bounce it off the limiter if you wanted. Does 17-18 with stock tire size.
illregal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, gas, mods, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car