lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2023, 06:39 PM   #1
mph0403
Not Yet Wild

Default Did I buy a bad used Trojan 8v T-875?

Just purchased a 3 year old Trojan 8v T-875 from a reputable dealer and it tested at 7.56 volts when I first got it which is under 10% power. I charged it with the other 5 batteries and it will only get up to 8.25 volts which is about 70%. All the other batteries are at 9.4 volts right now fresh off the charger. The new battery does not bubble at all in any cells while charging, all other 5 batteries do bubble. I dont want to over charge the other batteries, so I'm not sure what to do. Did I buy a bad battery? Or do I need to acclimate the batteries by driving it around and charging it again? Any help is apppriciated thanks.
mph0403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2023, 06:45 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Did I buy a bad used Trojan 8v T-875?

That battery was dead when you got it - not good for it's health! You need to charge it separately if possible to get it fully charged. When you charge it in series with batteries that have a much higher state of charge, you will over charge the other batteries as you found out. I hope you didn't pay much for a 3 year old battery. It's probably close to end of life unless it was very well cared for.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:53 PM   #3
mph0403
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I paid $90 but I've purchased from them in the past and they were much better quality. I hope I didn't damage my other batteries too bad. I traded in my other battery that had slightly melted post and a bad cell. I guess I got unlucky this time! Probably just gonna have to buy a new one
mph0403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:02 PM   #4
minimac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

There was a post quite awhile ago how a member was able to rejuvenate his "bad" batteries successfully. IIRC, he emptied them and refilled with a solution of water and baking soda. Let them sit or a day or two, then repeated a few times and flushed all of the gunk out of them. Then refilled with new electrolyte(available at auto parts stores) and charged the battery. It worked well for him and might be worth the effort before scrapping the battery.
minimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:17 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

$90 for a 3 year old battery! That he had nothing in! I don't know how people can sleep at night doing things like that. Call me stupid, but I will usually let anyone have any battery out of my core batteries, as long as they replace it with there core. I don't usually sell them, because I don't, and he didn't either, know the history behind them. In my opinion, he saw you coming! I could have sold you a brand new black box battery for only $30 more.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car