lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2023, 09:27 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Battery charger question

I have six new US 1800 batteries in my old 1995 medalist series cart I am bringing back to life. I had this Pro-Fit PF-10820 battery charger for a few years and was saving it for this cart.

I don't have a manual but I do remember reading a post JohnnieB made in Nov of 2013 . He said most of these are set at factory for Trojans.
Post 3
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=87856

I removed the cover on charger today and moved the jumpers to the top two (MD1) and connected it up. That is what it said to use with US batteries 200 ah. The 1800 is 20 Hour Rate: .

I did notice the smell of acid more than when it was at setting MD3 but I assume I got it set right so these batteries will get the correct charge. The acid smell seem to disappear after I ran the cart for a while and put it back on charge.

The only other thing I noticed was the green light came on when fully charged but the yellow one was also on. It says yellow and green on means constant voltage and top off stage. That lasts about a minute and then green only where it never did this on the other setting. Only green would come on when it was fully charged.

I only charged these batteries twice before I changed the setting from the MD3 setting to MD1. Good thing I read the post. I guess JohnnieB knew what he was talking about.

Country Cat sells this charger and I would think being they are a large ezgo dealer this charger would be great.

https://www.countrycat.com/pro-fit-p...4-2011-36-volt

I hope I got this right. I think I do and it should help. Anyone else run into this.

I know this is an old cart and its only 36 volt but it will serve my purpose well with what I plan on doing with it. My 12 year old granddaughter has her own cart to use when she comes over to visit us.
No lift , rear seat or large tires to stress this old series cart out. I will post pictures when I put the painted body and cowl back on.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2023, 07:17 AM   #2
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery charger question

Sorry. Using talk to text and not proofreading this morning. Mode 3 is what I use for all other batteries that are not Trojan and US Battery.
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:40 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHVIEW View Post
Mode 3 is what I use for US batteries.
Why not Mode 1. It states on charger that mode is for US batteries ? which I have. Mine was set at Mode 3. Mode 3 is for Exide batteries. What am I missing ?
Old 03-22-2023, 08:00 AM   #4
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Edited reply.
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:34 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I found more info here
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=150520&page=2
I have my charger set right according to JohnnyB. I will just leave it the setting I put it yesterday.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:00 PM   #6
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHVIEW View Post
Sorry. Using talk to text and not proofreading this morning. Mode 3 is what I use for all other batteries that are not Trojan and US Battery.
No problem. I am using Mode 1 now and all seems to be OK. It was on Mode 3. I always thought that a 36 volt charger was for all brand batteries. These US batteries will probably outlast me .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO