lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2023, 06:57 PM   #1
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Default RXV questions

Went looking at some carts today, the dealer had a lot of 21 - 23 RXV carts. I told him I wanted something with low end torque, he said all the rxv had hi torque rearend? Not sure what this means, he had other brands that could be adjusted for torque vs speed but the rxv carts didn't need this sense they were high torque rear ends from the factory, does this make any sense?
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2023, 08:40 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: RXV questions

Not sure what you are looking for but RXV's tend to have plenty of torque.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:14 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Standard txt is roughly 13:1. RXV is 16:1 plus AC drive. Much more torque.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:44 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Even with big tires, the RXV is more torquey than most.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:04 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Powerful 3.3Kw ac induction motor, 16.99:1 gear ratio and a limited slip differential.
If you're looking for low torque, don't go with an RXV
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:22 AM   #6
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Powerful 3.3Kw ac induction motor, 16.99:1 gear ratio and a limited slip differential.
If you're looking for low torque, don't go with an RXV
Thanks, most of my riding would be slow and in wooded areas, my old series cart does a good job but just want to be state of the art, AC drive and maybe Lithium.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:39 PM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most people want's to go fast (me too) but, no problem going slow with the RXV. When i got mine ( it was a fleet cart from a golf resort ), speed was set to 10 mph and acceleration to low (both are adjustable with a handset). The limited slip diff. is a big gain, when driving on loose ground.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 08:30 PM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We got folks wanting to go more than the 19.5 MPH that RXVs top out at. I mean, there is a huge demand to go 30 MPH plus, and we can't satisfy it. I don't understand the sudden obsession with speed these days. These are golf carts. Not Formula-1's.

I don't personally like RXVs. I like resistor cars (simple, dirt cheap to fix). RXVs have this fatal flaw whenever they have any fault, no matter how minor, and that's them locking up and almost throwing you through the windshield. It's NOT always the brake either (another bad idea). But any fault during a drive locks them tight. No limp mode, no anything, just dead stop. Curtis ones are even worse, because they got an entire textbook of faults they check for and display, while the more reliable Danahar variants only had like 8. It's especially fun when the car locks up in the middle of the street during rush hour! (one time an RXV with three kids on the rear and two front people locked up, they tried to fight against it by steering hard left in an attempt to get off the road onto the driveway before it totally stopped, and then blocked two lanes of traffic requiring a rollback to 'rescue' the pile of garbage)
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 05:53 AM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unfortunately the same is true of all those "never heard of them before" Chinesium carts that have hit the market.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:58 AM   #10
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Thanks, It is good to hear both sides, never read anything about locking up so I will reacearch more on this problem as it seems to have the torque I need

Tags
torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO